News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Forster & Graf EKII Packets

I've done a search here and on another forum regarding EKII Packets marked Forster & Graf. The most current opinions I found were here back in 2005, and everyone seemed to believe in them as an unknown maker (they are not associated with a Pzk or LDO number). Has anything come to light since 2005 to change anyone's mind?

Thanks.

Scott

Hmmmm,I've bought one just to have it-but no,I really don't like it! But when I remember right Dietrich has a list with early EK2 makers-some of them are not listet....but don't nail me down on tis,I will ask him for details!

Micha

I'd never heard of this before but bought an unmarked EK2 with one of thse packets last week, and after looking into it did not see them listed as a maker. I still don't know what to do when it arrives. Seems no one really knows. Might be nice to have one if they turn out to be good. I have a hard time believing the cross came with it now.

Yes Micha, on WAF, Dietrich posted a piece of paper of what looked to be an early list of EK makers, and Forster & Graf was on it. And as I mentioned, if you use the Search function here and enter 'Forster & Graf', you'll see the thread from 2005 I spoke about where the consensus was these packets were legitamate. I just wanted to know if anything had changed since then.

Kind regards,

Scott

Hi guys, that would be my opinions I take it and of course my threads on the WAF. I've always stipulated that I like these packets and consider them the genuine article. There is nothing to discern this packet from any other genuine EK2 packet of this very guise, that is nothing at all in the folded paper and the ink used for the designation and maker mark.

The only interesting difference to note is the Ldo on the reverse of some of these packets, it can't be explained to date still - premise wise. I don't think it's a false warrenty, but it is an after additon by the looks certainly and it's this that begs question but not necessarily should we be dubious.

Yes, I have done some further research into these myself, including contacting a prop buyer for a film that they were used in too !! It's not been on the top of my list I confess, but in part I'm getting there along with other material needed for the book.

So still to date, there is nothing other than the Ldo warrenty and as provincial as I deem it, but others not: the makers name !!

F&G are a known maker of course, thats not the contention, we've encountered other packets with their name on them - the Mothers Cross packet for one of the more encountered examples.

Kr

Marcus

Thanks. Did they make EK2's and do we have pictures of one? I bought my packet with an EK2 said to belong with the packet. I was skeptical of this after investigating this issue but I will post it when it arrives. If it's an obvious maker that jumps out at us fine, but if no one is able to ID the make of it, who can say?

I always spell warranty with a an e why !! My apologies for that.

Hi Steve,

I couldn't confirm they made EK2's, I suspect they did by the way of the marked packets, so as a opinion/semi educated guess overall, I'd personally speculate a yes !!

To my knowledge the Ldo and PK makers lists are incomplete as they are missing X amount of makers, the abundance of unknown or unattributed EK2's would lead to to think that again it's likely one of these unknown crosses could have been made by F&G - like in badges though perhaps F&G used the same die as another maker, say for guesses sake Alois Rettennmaier of the same area as F&G.

So if that were the case, then we'd have a one in the same cross. Incidently the Ldo stamp on the paper packets would be of a period from (documented) June '44 until I imagine such a time near the wars finish.

I do thin most of these F&G packets and crosses are married yes, and I'm only aware of one purported pair that was found previously the hoard of the mint packets. But I have my reasons to be a little dubious shall we say unfortunately !

There are more informed guys on here that perhaps could comment, I'm just thinking out aloud in the above for the most part.

Kr

Marcus

I was trying to fill in my EK collection with a few items. I picked up an EK1/EK2 stickpin, an EK1 award doc and also piocked up this set with the F & G packet so I could have a packet. It was only after that I started to look into the maker. I haven't recieved it yet but will most likely keep the items.

I think it's well worth hanging onto the packet, set or not it's more than likely it will be a mint example of this type of packet - so yeah, a worthy example.

I'd say if you can obtain an example with the Ldo warranty on the reverse also, I'd buy it, once perhaps Dietrich and I get to the bottom of this and all turns out well and good in favour of the the packets and maker etc they'll be a demand you see all of a sudden for these mint packets and the Ldo stamped oddity version !