News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 months later...

Yours is later issue, Filip.

I didn't find any info about that, but in my opinion and experience, from what I saw different times in different places, when they changed the medals from 5 to 6 torches, they also changed the boxes (as you see on Soviet's case there's a 5 torches coat of arms stamped).

If I'm wrong please correct me... :speechless:

• 1 month later...

It's quite interesting that the Ex-Yugoslavia got the Russian style 5 sided suspensions and the Austro-Hungarian triangle ribbon style. A lot of influence from those 2 super powers.

Dear Bryan,

do you think, that this A-H triangle ribbon is correct :unsure: ?

I assume, that the ribbon is somehow "home made" by a monarchistic-oriented comrade ;) .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Christian, I guess it is not correct for this kind of medal. What I find interesting is that all the jubilee medals and few others have this kind of ribbon. So it has nothing to do with monarchist-oriented comrade. I guess it's just the tradition mixed with the Russian tradition with the 5 sided suspensions. Maybe all medals that first came from Moscow during WWII were with 5 sided suspensions and then when the IKOM initiated their own medals and design, they switched to the triangle style ribbon.

I don't know if there is a real explanation for that, but keep in mind that both ribbon style did coexist in the Ex-Yugoslavia.

Dear Bryan,

sorry ..... , I think, I had a complete black-out :blush: .

Of course, YU-awards have ribbons in Russian style AND Austrian style :rolleyes: .

Christian

Christian, I guess it is not correct for this kind of medal. What I find interesting is that all the jubilee medals and few others have this kind of ribbon. So it has nothing to do with monarchist-oriented comrade. I guess it's just the tradition mixed with the Russian tradition with the 5 sided suspensions. Maybe all medals that first came from Moscow during WWII were with 5 sided suspensions and then when the IKOM initiated their own medals and design, they switched to the triangle style ribbon.

I don't know if there is a real explanation for that, but keep in mind that both ribbon style did coexist in the Ex-Yugoslavia.

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

a theory:

Might it be possible, that in Slovenia & Croatia the (Austrian) triangle ribbon had been more common and in Serbia the (Russian) five sided suspension had been more common :unsure: ?

Christian

BTW: Catholic vs. Orthodox Christianity ;) .

CHRISTIAN,

there were no differences in issuing medals between republics of Yugoslavia.