News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mr Alfred Tesorieo's home was broken into and he was bashed by one possibly two assailants. The 86 year old veteran would like his medals that were stolen with other items back. If any of you see them come up for sale on u-pay, or through any other vendor, please bring it to the notice of the authorities.

"Today, Mr Tesoriero, walking with a stick and with his arm in a sling as a result of the invasion, had a message for the men who robbed him.

He said: "They are of no value to you, mate. Just pass them back to the rightful owner.

"They mean a lot to me because each medal represents a period of service," Mr Tesoriero,

nicknamed 'Tesso' and 'The Fish' during the war, added.

After marching with the bar of medals on Anzac Day, he had covered them with a handkerchief and packed them in a drawer "where they stay for 12 months until I use them again".

'The Fish' said they were a part of his life.

Mr Tesoriero was in the army from 1941 to 1946 and fought for 18 months in New Guinea, and 18 months in Bougainville."

For any Aussie collectors who should stumble across them, you can contact:

Anyone with information, particulary pawnbrokers where the medals may have been onsold, is asked to contact Burwood detectives on 9745 8499 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Police have offered anonimity for anyone with further information.

Service Record

Name TESORIERO, ALFRED

Service Australian Army

Service Number NX192119 (N222863)

Date of Birth 1 Aug 1920

Place of Birth SYDNEY, NSW

Date of Enlistment 15 May 1941

Locality on Enlistment RANDWICK, NSW

Place of Enlistment IN THE FIELD, NSW

Next of Kin TESORIERO, GAETANO

Date of Discharge 2 Apr 1946

Rank Gunner

Posting at Discharge 4 FIELD REGIMENT

WW2 Honours and Gallantry None for display

Prisoner of War No

Regards;

Johnsy

It would have been easier if they had a picture of his bar or just described his medals and given us the name & number which would be on the edge of the medal........

Sadly this isn't the case.

But really crap that they needed it to rob an old man who had fought for our freedom, also of the robbers....

SHAME SHAME SHAME :shame: I readed another topic about caning little girls who had spoilt a memorial for ANZAC with disgusting text's and utter nonsense, but I think that these thiefs deserve the caning even more!!

Perhaps we should cane the flesh of their backs!!

Might have became too hotheaded with this sentence, then, please forgive me. Will have to stay calm and beware my temper.

It would have been easier if they had a picture of his bar or just described his medals and given us the name & number which would be on the edge of the medal........

Sadly this isn't the case.

Err...I have put his service details above, this includes his service number. Aussie medals, as a rule of thumb, are all engraved. His name and number will be on the back of the stars, and on the edge of the medals.

His bar would consist of:

1939-45 Star

Pacific Star

1939-45 Medal

Australian Service Medal 39-45

Regards;

Johnsy

PS: I found this picture. Medals pictured below are copies.

Edited by Tiger-pie

He looks quite sad on them, which is absolutely right as copies are nothing less than copies....

if he ever get his medals back, I would say put them away and use these copies!

I wish him much luck and strength!

Kind regards,

Jacky

Hi all;

Good news. Mr Tesoriero's medals were found disgarded in a plastic bag in a street in inner Sydney and handed to the police. The police then returned the medals to him. He is still recovering from being bashed, but he was very happy to receive his medals back. They have as yet not located the person and/or persons involved and have not recovered his wifes jewelery. It is likely they realised that the medals would be too hard to off-load and ditched them. I would say that it is very unlikely that they had a pang of conscience that led them to leave them where someone could find them.

Regards;

Johnsy

Edited by Tiger-pie

Hi all;

Good news. Mr Tesoriero's medals were found disgarded in a plastic bag in a street in inner Sydney and handed to the police. The police then returned the medals to him. He is still recovering from being bashed, but he was very happy to receive his medals back. They have as yet not located the person and/or persons involved and have not recovered his wifes jewelery. It is likely they realised that the medals would be too hard to off-load and ditched them. I would say that it is very unlikely that they had a pang of conscience that led them to leave them where someone could find them.

Regards;

Johnsy

I hope they were dusted for fingerprints.

To think that these people once fought in a war to free the world (as it was then) of tyranny and opression!! ...... What a shame that nothing is sacred to some, not even putting one's life at risk in the line of duty!

But glad to hear that the medals have now been re-united with their rightful owner!!!!

Jim :cheers:

Good news. He got his medals back. And this is any more important than any desire for revenge or punishment.

Damn right, he couldn't care less. He was quite obviously overwhelmed with emotion when he received his medals back, for him I think it was enough.

Regards;

Johnsy