News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 9 months later...

Paul, your old (hand me down)GS tunic is on it's way to me. I plan on getting a manikin(I refer to them as DUDE's) with a head. I am now in search of a visor. Anyone ever seen a carmine piped LW officer visor? I would like to find one but I'm not going to mortgage my house. I assume I will have to settle for a standard white piped? Once I get that rolling I will put my wood working skills to use. I will probably build some type of wood-framed glass case. It's been quite a search. As Paul knows I tried to track down that tunic a while back. It has been through several hands in a short time but will have a nice home.

Not sure what happened there.

Anyway, I need a Parade Mount medal bar, Visor, blue shirt(probably use a modern), tie(probably use modern, I assume black?), white gloves if I can find originals.

I have an original KC but will use my Repro KC w/oaks & Swords. Probably use repro badges also. Up in the air on a dagger or sword. It would have to be mounted in a different way with half man.

Edited by hirevr13

• 1 month later...

Another small piece of the puzzle solved. Relating to discussions on what ranks were possible for a General Staff Officer. Gary quotes something in one of the Angolia books in an earlier post. To summarize Hauptmann through Oberst but there has been debate on Hauptmann. While looking for something else I just found another quote in Angolia Vol 1 bottom of page 159. <General Staff Corps Officers of the ranks Captain to Colonel(line officers only)while on duty with the General Staff or in duty positions accorded to general staff >..........yada yada...

In short this is the second different mention of Hauptmann rank in the general staff. I no longer have doubts about the tabs I just received from Gary9 and posted in this thread. They are without doubt Carmine. I will post eventually.

beer.gif

• 12 years later...

would like to share some updated photos of this uniform display.

I was fortunate enough to add this uniform to my personal collection and wanted to share some photos of the grouping. I am still trying to reunite the ribbon bar to the jacket and had to use what I had on hand for the photos. The uniform is named to Torsten Christ (a Blood Order recipient) and while he was not a WW1 Veteran I still think the photos turned out nice. Enjoy and I apologize in advance if some of the photos seem redundant.

William Kramer

DSC05095.jpg

DSC05103.jpg

DSC05106.jpg

DSC05111.jpg

DSC05115.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05189a.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

DSC05141.jpg

DSC05168.jpg

DSC05172.jpg