News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French Foreign Legion Items

Kepi blanc

Hello

I'm a big collector of French Foreign Legion Items alongside German Medals.

Here are a little from my collection.

I brought this from an German FFL veteran some years ago.

His Photo album from his time in Algeria along side his dog tag and Bonne Certificat.

Together with some Medals Documents and other Papers.

The Uniform had belonged to again a German Legionnaire who served in IndoChina and Algeria.

He was one of the first in the 1 BEP.

The Uniform is Complete with Kepi,Jacket with Medals (Croix De Combattant,Outre Mer and Indochina Medal).

Para wing with Matricule.

1 BEP insignia.

Also an US Dagger.

I dont have so much informations about the man, but he served 15 years in the Legion.

Edited by Kepi blanc

Unless Chris is older than he pretends the answer should be no. The battledress style uniform was phased out in the early 1970's, the exact timing depending on the unit, and replaced by the type of uniform that they wore until the intorduction of the "Terre de France" uniforms about 10 years ago.

Unless Chris is older than he pretends the answer should be no. The battledress style uniform was phased out in the early 1970's, the exact timing depending on the unit, and replaced by the type of uniform that they wore until the intorduction of the "Terre de France" uniforms about 10 years ago.

I am sorry. I thought that it was a dress uniform.

I am sorry. I thought that it was a dress uniform.

Hi,

the parade uniform is here... me left Mitch right.

http://legionnaire0.tripod.com/foreignlegi...oalbum/id7.html

it is a 4 pocket jacket that is tailored to look like A ww2 battledress. then we had the 4 pocket one (tailored like a US class A jacket) for going out.

Then came the terrible first version of the terre de France...

Hello Kepi blanc

Nice group and display you are showing here.. I was interested to see the "Certificat de bonne conduite" awarded to Leg. 1re Classe WITTIG, as it was signed by Colonel de Torquat de la Coulerie.

A very distinguished officer who was wounded a few meters from me at Enzvaihingen, in Wurtemberg, April 1945. He was then a captain in command of the 10th Company of the IIIrd Batallion of the Regiment de Marche de la Legion etrangere. I was his radio-operator.

He became a general and died a few years ago.

A moi, la Legion!

Veteran

Hello Veteran.

That is so great news for me to that you know something about Torquat De la Coulerie.

It is maybe the best thing to be a collector if there are a story behind an Medal, Bonne Conduit or anything else.

For me it dosent matter if it is a Medal or what if there are a story behind it is so great.

Hello Kepi blanc

Nice group and display you are showing here.. I was interested to see the "Certificat de bonne conduite" awarded to Leg. 1re Classe WITTIG, as it was signed by Colonel de Torquat de la Coulerie.

A very distinguished officer who was wounded a few meters from me at Enzvaihingen, in Wurtemberg, April 1945. He was then a captain in command of the 10th Company of the IIIrd Batallion of the Regiment de Marche de la Legion etrangere. I was his radio-operator.

He became a general and died a few years ago.

A moi, la Legion!

Veteran

Edited by Kepi blanc