News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello ,

Very nice belt ! I have several pictures , some in color when I get the time I will scan them and post them here for you . Most look diffferent than this belt , they are wider and have 3 leather straps . I feel that this is a linesmen's belt , you know the men that climb telephone poles ? I have a picture of this too , I will try and find that picture also . As with most items there are variations depending on what year it was made and who made the item . It is possible that a u-boat / ship builder could use a different supplier than another ship builders hence many different types of belts used during the war .

The metal tag that the belt was inspected and valid for one year from 1.7.41 to 1.7.42 , I think you would see this more for a linesmen's belt then something found on a sub .

Best Regards,

Joe

Hello ,

Very nice belt ! I have several pictures , some in color when I get the time I will scan them and post them here for you . Most look diffferent than this belt , they are wider and have 3 leather straps . I feel that this is a linesmen's belt , you know the men that climb telephone poles ? I have a picture of this too , I will try and find that picture also . As with most items there are variations depending on what year it was made and who made the item . It is possible that a u-boat / ship builder could use a different supplier than another ship builders hence many different types of belts used during the war .

The metal tag that the belt was inspected and valid for one year from 1.7.41 to 1.7.42 , I think you would see this more for a linesmen's belt then something found on a sub .

Best Regards,

Joe

Hello !

Joetauchretter

A collector friend of my , have seen this belt on the uboat crew.

Regards

Nesredep

• 2 months later...

Hello Nesredep,

you can be sure, such belts like yours are used by german u-boat personal!

I show you (and the other guys) two original photos from Jun 1943, made on board of U 178

and exactly such an belt from my own collection. It exists versions with only one large strap and

such with two straps like yours. When you look at the second photo you will see also the metal tag on the belt!

Congratulations to this nice and rare Kriegsmarine (and also u-boat) saftybelt :beer:

Please can you tell me the dimensions of the rope and the two snap-hocks? (in german called "Karabinerhaken").

They are missing on mine and I am looking for two old snap-hocks to complete my belt.

Regards,

Monsun

Edited by Monsun

Hi

Monsun

I put together three belts to get one OK one!

When a saw your belt with the KM stamp,I took a second look at one of my own.To my great suprice it had the same Kriegsmarine eagel and letter M.

Kind regards

Nesredep

Hello Nesredep,

thank you very much for your offer for sending me one "Karabinerhaken" for my belt! :jumping:

I will send you my adress later with PM. What are you looking for? I am sure I can do something for your KM collection.

And congratulations to this clear Kriegsmarine "Eagle M" stemp! Now you can be sure it?s a real german Kriegsmarine used belt!

Regards,

Monsun