News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Silver Sweetheart piece, Real or Repro?

Hallo Gents :cheers:

While in Brasov, Central Romania at the collectors meeting,

I was approached and asked did I know anything about this piece,

Allegedly a iii reich Luft-Sweetheart pin (thingy) it hangs from a long silver pin.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hi Kevin,

The decoration in question is from Deutsche Akademie der Luftfahrtforschung. According to Detlev, they came in gold, silver and bronze, as well as a stick-pin size of these. The silver version was for sponsoring members and only awarded once. An Amtskette was also issued for the president and Presidium members. Personally I have no faith in the one posted here.

KR

Peter :beer:

• 4 weeks later...

Another of these has surfaced on Ebay:

See the reply I got when I quired the authnticity of the object:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...ADME:L:RTQ:DE:1

eBay eBay hat diese Mitteilung an Kevin Ryan (blacksoldierblue) gesendet.

Ihr Vor- und Nachname in dieser Mitteilung sind ein Hinweis darauf, dass die Nachricht tats?chlich von eBay stammt.

Mehr zum Thema.

Antwort auf Frage zum Artikel - Jetzt antworten

Diese Nachricht wurde von eBay im Namen eines eBay-Mitglieds ?ber die Funktion "Meine Nachrichten" zugestellt.

Ihre Antwort wird per E-Mail direkt an das eBay-Mitglied gesendet und enth?lt automatisch Ihre E-Mail-Adresse.

Antwort von militariapathfinder617

militariapathfinder617( 1381)

Positive Bewertungen: 99,9%

Angemeldet bei: www.ebay.co.uk

Artikel: MEMBERSHIP BADGE.GERMAN ACADEMY OF ARONAUTICAL RESEARCH (200123588185)

Diese Nachricht wurde gesendet, w?hrend das Angebot noch aktiv war.

militariapathfinder617 ist der Verk?ufer.

"I will investigate your claim, and act upon my findings...

I realise that most german repro items originate from the East in particular Poland. The ukraine coming a close second...

many collecters in the west and America etc are now wise to most of the repro's, this is quite a new one....

it will be researched completely and dealt with accordingly

Andrew

Antwort auf diese Frage senden

Jetzt antworten

Antworten in "Meine Nachrichten" enthalten nicht Ihre E-Mail-Adresse.

Details zum Artikel mit der Nummer: 200123588185

Artikelbezeichnung: MEMBERSHIP BADGE.GERMAN ACADEMY OF ARONAUTICAL RESEARCH

post-950-1183045013_thumb.jpg

URL f?r Artikel: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...ADME:L:RTQ:DE:1

Angebotsende: Freitag, 06. Jul. 2007 21:48:34 MESZ

Sicherheitstipp Sicherheitstipp

Nutzen Sie f?r den Abschluss Ihrer Transaktionen immer die eBay-Plattform ? so kaufen Sie sicherer.

Bitte bieten Sie diesen Artikel nur mithilfe dieses Formulars zum Kauf oder Verkauf an, wenn die Transaktion innerhalb von eBay abgeschlossen wird. Wenn Ihnen angeboten wird, die Transaktion au?erhalb von eBay abzuschlie?en, sollten Sie dies ablehnen. Transaktionen dieser Art sind nicht sicher genug und versto?en gegen die eBay-Grunds?tze.

Ist diese E-Mail unerw?nscht oder unangemessen? Wird damit gegen die eBay-Grunds?tze versto?en? Helfen Sie mit, die eBay-Gemeinschaft zu sch?tzen, und melden Sie diese E-Mail bitte.

Informationen dazu, wie Sie gef?lschte E-Mail erkennen und sich davor sch?tzen k?nnen, finden Sie unter:

http://pages.ebay.de/education/spooftutorial

Diese Mitteilung wurde im Namen eines anderen eBay-Mitglieds ?ber die eBay-Plattform und im Einklang mit unserer Datenschutzerkl?rung an kevinaryan@hotmail.com gesendet. eBay Europe S.?.r.l. haftet nicht f?r die ?bertragung dieser E-Mail und deren Inhalt. Wenn Sie diese E-Mail im Textformat empfangen m?chten, ?ndern Sie bitte Ihre Benachrichtigungseinstellungen.

Wenn Sie Fragen zu den eBays-Grunds?tzen haben, lesen Sie bitte unsere Datenschutzerkl?rung und die Allgemeinen Gesch?ftsbedingungen.

Datenschutzerkl?rung: http://pages.ebay.de/help/policies/privacy-policy.html

Allgemeine Gesch?ftsbedingungen: http://pages.ebay.de/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright ? 2006-2007 eBay, Inc. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Ausgewiesene Warenzeichen und Markennamen geh?ren Ihren jeweiligen Eigent?mern.

eBay und das eBay-Logo sind eingetragene Marken bzw. Marken von eBay Inc.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Hello Francois,

Thank You for alerting me to this very crude pathetic cast imitation. Less than 150 of these Awards were made in Gold. It is much more rare than ELs. The quality of the real awards is exceptionally high, as you will note, even in my low-res images. Do not be fooled by the junk from Poland, etc. A blind man can see the difference!

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Mark

yup poor copy, ask Mark Miller to show a real one it will speak by itself

And the reverse. I was fortunate to be offered the complete set of Bronze, Silver, and Gold, awards, in addition to the lapel pins, etui, and documents. They all came from George Petersen. The (extremely) rare Silver class had a '38 date inscribed, not an actual award #. It is authentic, and was sold to one of the top (US) Dealers in the World. Pretty good proof it is authentic.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by mmiller

Silver, Reverse.

Note engraved date, not award #. Since there was reportedly only one Silver Award made, and there are no records or photographs of it, I have heard it explained both ways that this pictured award is the one and only Silver piece made. Without definitive proof, it is one man's word against anothers as to 'if' this is the sole Silver piece manufactured.

Regardless, a rare bird. Not as desirable as a set of Gold Swords, but equally rare!

Regards,

Mark

PS - I am asking myself ..... why did I sell this piece? :speechless:

Hallo Mark, :beer:

thank you very much for posting your pictures, the silver version at the start of the thread I photographed in Brasov, Romania in early June, at a Collectors Fair, a seems as they cannot shift the "Junk" in the Western Europe area they are now sending pieces in to the old Eastern Communist Areas.

In the last 3 years I have been surprised at the amount of Repro / Fake / Fantasy items that are turning up here in Romania, a few dealers from Bucharest seem to be actively trying to push some of this stuff and of course they claim its original and real!!! :speechless:

So far I have persuaded a few people I know not to part with their money on this crap, the most comic piece I saw was a brass set of folding opera style glasses with the Luftwaffe eagle and numerouse swastika transfers on every surface, the seller would not allow me to take any pictures of the item!!! (The glasses were a genuine period piece from Germany and all the Insignia added on. The transfers reminded me of the ones used in model aeroplabe kits :banger:

Kevin in Deva. :beer: