News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Any more pictures of the actual item in wear would be appriceated.I would also caution against trying to judge size in pictures buy rule of thumb of finger, not a very precise and acurate way of taking measurements

With respect, the dimensions of the sports shirt/BDM jacket/bathing cap patch are well documented and were never in doubt. The point I was trying to make was that Bob has introduced a generally unknown patch into the discussion. If this patch exists it would be useful to see some kind of period evidence and some dimensions. I agree that the picture I posted to show the rough dimensions is unscientific but as we all agree that Tom's patch is a standard patch with standard dimensions this makes the picture academic anyway. Nevertheless, period pictures are always useful.

The way I see it Bob could clear this confusion up in an instant if he posted pictures and dimensions of the patch he mentioned in post #5. If he chooses not to do so well that's fine, no problem :)

:anmatcat: I can almost see into the future on this one. Colin has been there before also!

This could well be an excellent learning thread. Or it could go down a wrong road. For what little my support is worth I throw it behind Colin and XEN. I feel Gentlemen do and should have the right to disagree! In todays world of collecting simple statements do not cut it! We all have inquiring minds and desire period proof. :) I enjoy learning and have from this thread and others like it!

Regards,--dj--Joe

Gentlemen :cheers:

the point of my previous posts in this thread was with regards the "tone" used by certain posters in this thread.

They like all of us have the right to make a statement or reply, without getting caustic, sarcastic or offended if somebody posts other than what they believe to be the truth.

Its not simply a matter of declaring that "BoB" had better offer proof, Bob, did not get sarcastic in the tone of his reply or state that he was tired of arguing his point. And Bob might not just be in a postion to post an immediate reply as many members have jobs to attend as well as time spent on this Forum.

Here, on the Gentlemens Military Interest Club we tend to try and keep our posts in a friendly manner, again with the object of learning more about the many items of militaria that exsist in the world.

There are no exceptions to this rule on the Forum regardless of how many posts you have made or not.

We would like everybodys experience here at GMIC to be an enjoyable one.

Kevin in Deva (Lounge Host). :beer:

Kevin,

Thank you for looking into the patch question. Perhaps some one will know what it could be.

I read the forum rules. None of this is worth arguing over. Time will tell and truth will out in the end.

Regards,--dj--Joe

Guys

There seems to be other agendas at work here. I welcome interesting debate, which remains civil. There seems to be undercurrents of hostility and sarcasm in abundance here, which does not make for a friendly forum. We are all here to learn no matter what our experience levels are and a compelling argument can make interesting reading.

But sarcastic and spiteful comments are not welcome.

It IS a silly topic, I've said already it's laughable.

I did not post the pics belonging to Robert Noss to embarass Bob, but to (more important IMO) show the cloth version of the DJ sports badge being worn.. you really don't see it very often, and also the use of it on the Leaders arm, as I said was the most interesting thing of those pics (for me).

The debate over the Diamond however continued, and I did (no argument about it) put it to bed with the use of original period proof as requested in the printed armband saga.

Spreading of wrong information should not be tolerated, not in a rude way I agree, but it should be nipped in the bud.. we have already seen here a perfectly good (IMO) 3rd Reich item (printed armband) being assumed all fake. Fakes do exist, like other printed material, but so do good ones IMO.

I should point out that I collect Japanese militaria too and Bob needs no introduction to me in that field that's for sure, the service he has given to the Japanese sword collecting community is well known, and I could not respect him anymore if I tried, I'm aware of his collection of 3rd Reich political items as well, and sure would like to share in that collection and equally important his experience of being around the hobby so long, just as everyone else. :beer: .

C

Kev, if poss, can you post a close up of the hip insignia, also the other hat seems to have something like an eagle on it? I wonder if anyone has any more pics of the diamond on male left sleeves?

C

Edited by Colin Davie

Hallo Collin,

this is the best I can do from the original ebay auction picture.

Might be wishful thinking but it looks a little like the Wolfs-hook rune :unsure:

No matter what try with the hip insignia the detail is to small to make out.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva

My initial thinking on the hip insignia was NS Reichsbund f?r Leibes?bungen cloth badge. Without a decent close up though it's hard to say.

C

Edit to say the person in the picture is a BDM.

Edited by Colin Davie

Hallo Collin,

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2007/post-950-1183642011.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2007/post-950-1183642260.jpg

this is the best I can do from the original ebay auction picture.

Might be wishful thinking but it looks a little like the Wolfs-hook rune :unsure:

No matter what try with the hip insignia the detail is to small to make out.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

When I get home I will have a crack at it with a program I have, and see if I can enhance it.

With regards to the patch on the hip of the woman on the extreme right, that might be the Schwimmabzeichen, which had a Totenkopf on it for the higher grades. Nothing to do with any political organisation, just indicates that you have risked your life at some point, it was a badge indicating a certain level of swimming skill and assistance with a rescue. Came in (and still does), three grades. There are lower grades than the totenkopf badge, so those hip badges may be one of those as it doesn't look like there is a Deathshead on it.

Regards;

Johnsy

Edited by Tiger-pie