News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Youth Movement Uniforms ELORE!

Though I am not as vered in the KISZ movement as others - I was able to pick up these rather difficult to find uniforms. Its an interesting dillema as every child who wanted to go to school was required to join - so there should be a nearly unlimited supply of these - but these are the first two that I have been able to find. The nice part is that they are nearly complete. :jumping:

Charles,

Nice acquisition. I am still looking for these uniforms. Especially the coloured wistles and lanyards to go with the scarf. All of the wistles that I have seen have been left out in the sun at flea markest and are badly faded. Please let me know if you see any more. I have some belts for these uniforms and I 'd post pictures but Dorothy has our camera at work packed in her suitcase for our trip to Vienna. I'll try and remember to post some when we get home.

The blue triangle was worn by children from age 6 to 10 known as Kisdobos (young drummers) and the red triangle by the age group 11 to 14 and known as ?tt?rő meaning Pioneer. I need to retype my article on this organization as there is some sort of corruption in the text I did up in WordPerfect and I have not been able to cut and paste it into the forum. I know, I've said that before!

ps-I should have mentioned that "elore" is the motto of the Young Pioneers and means "forward".

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Gordon - interestingly enough these are the only ones I have found. But I dont really look for them much - it was your interest that sparked me :D . I also cant recal seeing too many of the whistles - and hardly any lanyards. I am still looking for the Kisdobos belt and the Utt?rő belt as well - If I recall there was a dagger as well? But all in all - its amazing to me that not more of these come to the market - but I can imagine that so many ended up in the landfills after 89'...

Charles,

I've seen a number of belts at the City Park market and at the monthly militaria show. There a couple of different types. Some in leather and at least two different types in a plastic sort of material. The Pioneer belts have the elore flag on it and the kisdobos has their drum on the buckle. Good hunting. I'll keep my eyes open for belts for you once I am home.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Gents,

Here are the pictures of the belts as promised. The first one is of the Utt?rő belt and buckle. The belt is of a woven material. All of these youth belts have two snap hooks on them worn on the wearers left side. I have never seen anything attahced to these hooks.