News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents

I am looking for career details on Gustav Freiherr von Buddenbrock. Although he was a prussian General (b. 1810-d.1895) I could not find him in the index of Priedorff Soldatisches F?hrertum and I am hoping to find out some more about his career here.

I am especially interested in if he could have received th CHGL4 (Knights Cross Churhessian House Order of the Golden Lion) as a Major. I have him as a Major in 1850.

Hope to hear from you

David

Guest Rick Research

All I show for him are:

plm El, RAO2ElX, HOH2aX, EK2 70, RAO4X?, DA25, 1866, KDM 70

I know -and dislike-this family rather well.

I believe there were two or maybe even three Buddenbrocks active in the Napoleonic wars. The chap you are looking for I believe topped out at Major and was elderly by 1850.

The Almanach has extensive genealogy on these folks.

A Buddenbrock grandson also surrendered Spandau to the Russians in 1945 as I recall.

Buddenbrocks seem to have congregated in the artillery, although todays Freiherr once told me they were "always cavalry" (which I think was posing snobbery).

Thanks for you replies

@Ulsterman: Sorry for your dislike to the Buddenbrock family! BTW:

@Dave: the ADB was were I found the initiall data on Gustav. From this data I could not conclude if he was a Major in 1850 or ot. However there are many more in Soldatisches F?hrertum, So I will just check them all when I get to the Royal Library in one of the comming months.

Thanks again

David