News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Immaculate Godet bar. While the COMBINATION itself isn't traceable, it would not surprise me if a photo shows up of the original recipient some day-- the size Spange and different styles of swords make a "personal fashion statement" along with the chunky Schickle eagles that will be a perfect match if this turns up in a general's portrait. :cheers:

Hmm...

I doublechecked it, and I'm not saying it is him, but I found only one (!) suspect with this combination in the 1932 army RL: A certain

Hauptmann Kurt M?ller, #1.1.1923, in the Reichswehrministerium.

There were two Generals Kurt M?ller, but he is none of them. So I don't know what became of that Kurt.

Of course, there are other possibilities, a General with police service, for example.

Hmm...

I doublechecked it, and I'm not saying it is him, but I found only one (!) suspect with this combination in the 1932 army RL: A certain

There were two Generals Kurt M?ller, but he is none of them. So I don't know what became of that Kurt.

Of course, there are other possibilities, a General with police service, for example.

Weren't the last three awards issued only by request and to anyone who applied? I see photos of high rankers wearing these but sometime one or two of them at the end, not all three. Also, Rommel and some other famous officers didn't wear any of them. WHY?

Guest Rick Research

The Central Powers WW1 commemoratives were awarded to any German who applied for them, so they basically padded out groups, but they weren't any more significant than the Hindenburg Cross. So some people with "real" awards never bothered with this sort of "clutter," while others yearning to look (at least to contemporaries who didn't know what the ribbons were FOR :rolleyes: ) like they were more important than they actually were, DID apply for them. Some veterans felt "obligated" to get them, to show that they had served on those fronts with their allies-- but since there was no REQUIREMENT that any German have served alongside Austrian, Hungarian, or Bulgarian troops during the war, some ex-soldiers with a couple of weeks in France felt they were entitled to these as well. They were, after all, Official Awards free for the asking and who could say no to THAT?

What counts is what's forward from the long services.

Hmm...

Hauptmann Kurt M?ller, does anyone have a photo of this man? Thanks for the lead. Is Reichswehrministerium the War Ministry?