News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cap Badge of the AVH

Here is a nice little ditty that I picked up recently - too bd the prong is missing from the back. This is a small cap badge meant to be worn on the overseas type cap - which would date it from 1950/51 to 1956. What separated the AVH (secret police) from the regular police is that the AVH used a cap badge without crossed rifles below the massive star

Odd that they chose a "less lethal" design. :speechless1::beer:

I'm not sure - but I think it was a simple way of showing that they were a part of the 'police', but at the same time 'interested in "your" security from fascist forces and capitalist imperials.' While the police wore a dark blue uniform the AVH wore the same 'camp brown' color, cut and fit of the Hungarian Military. :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Ulsterman,

The enamel backing for these badges should be "bluer" than the one Charles posted. Scroll back to the top and click on the link to Rick's cap badge for the blue colour to show up. Here is a picture of one on a cap from a display at the military museum.

Regards,

Gordon