News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Specijalna Antiteroristicka Jedinica

They were originally formed in 1978, when it was still Yugoslavia. They are the elite of the police, numbering less than 200, I think.

In Cyrillic: Специјална Антитерористичка Јединица

There is also a ?andarmerija, a paramilitary police similar to the French Gendarmerie Nationale. The ?andarmerija is also under the police, and has its own CT unit known as PTJ, or Protivteroristička jedinica (Antiterrorist unit).

I can only confirm what Dave gave us about the subordening to the police and the time of institution. During the Milosevic regime the unit was operating under the name of the "red Berets" this unit was dissolved and purified as some "dubious" persons have been involved in the formation of this unit. Te SAJ was the hereditor of the materiel and vehicels.

The unit is pretty well trained and as Dave stated a very small unit with far less than 200. The have a wonderful training base at the entrance of Belgrade with all what you need, perfect shooting range, house cleaning training village, swimming pools etc. and the average age of the members is very low. I had the oportunity to meet some of the guys and to know the commanding officer and the only thing I can say that the guys are really "nice guys" and performing very well.

Best regards

Milan

They were originally formed in 1978, when it was still Yugoslavia. They are the elite of the police, numbering less than 200, I think.

In Cyrillic: Специјална Антитерористичка Јединица

There is also a ?andarmerija, a paramilitary police similar to the French Gendarmerie Nationale. The ?andarmerija is also under the police, and has its own CT unit known as PTJ, or Protivteroristička jedinica (Antiterrorist unit).

I saw some video footage of them in training and I was actually quite impressed with some of their drills. I wasn't sure of their status or if they still even existed. Thanks for the info.

I saw some video footage of them in training and I was actually quite impressed with some of their drills. I wasn't sure of their status or if they still even existed. Thanks for the info.

Dear Nick,

do you have a link to the video footage - is it on Youtube :unsure: ?

Dear Milan, dear Dave,

do you have further informations and links to these special forces units in former Yugoslavia or present Serbia :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian