News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe drivers licence

Some photos of a Luftwaffe drivers licence that I have (with thanks to Hugh Page-Taylor), and I thought

I would share the pages with the hope that some one may have some more info on the Herr Oberst,

First up is page one (what a good place to start), upranked from Hauptmann to Oberst....

Bob

Bob,

I?m still going through flak unit listings in an attempt to find Herr Jebens. Will let you know if I come up with anything.

In the meantime, here?s a little history on the family.

Born: 10th March 1896

Father: Carl Jebens

Mother: Anna Maria Jebens (nee Peterson)

Wife: Luise Jebens (nee Strack) married 7th April 1921 ? Echzell

Children: Three boys.

Carl Ludwig Jebens. KIA - Moshaisk, Ru?land. 26 Nov 1941.

Carl Claus Jebens. No further info.

Carl Christopher. No further info.

Herr Jebens survived the war and passed away in Hamburg ? 18 March 1974.

His wife, Luise passed away in Hamburg ? 11 Jan 1987

I?ve traced Karl Jebens from 1./flaklehrregiment through a promotion to Obstlt and a transfer to Stab/Flak-Regiment 153 (mot.)?and this is where it ends.

He served with Stab/Flak-Regiment 153 from 23.4.41 - 29.6.41 which would make him 45, making him eligible for reserve status. This is probably why he survived the war as his unit went on to serve on the Russian front, suffering heavy losses.

The search continues.

:cheers:

Rick and John,

Amazing, thanks very much for taking the time to research him, John your efforts are greatly received

at this end, it sure adds a bit to the overall history of the item, and to know he probably survived

the war as well, but sadly mourning the loss of one of his kids. Thanks very much for your time and effort.

Paul as far as I know this is a standard style of drivers licence. I have seen a few and all looked like this one.

Bob

• 4 years later...

The Waffen-SS included documents in personnel files to support issuance of driver's licenses. I have an interesting such document signed by SS-Oberscharfuehrer (officer candidate) Otto Skorzeny, who, at the time, was motor officer for an SS Germania Regiment artillery battalion. With the armistice in France, the unit had paused in Amersfoort, Holland in mid-1940 and was using that time to, among other things, qualify vehicle drivers. Otto had previously qualified as a driving instructor. The document indicates the various tests that were passed. As an engineer, he was also in charge of designing ramps for loading vehicles onto barges in preparation of Operation Sea Lion. When that operation was cancelled, his unit left as part of the Das Reich Division and was later deployed to the Balkans. You know much of "the rest of the story!"

I also have the SS contract for the SS-mann signed by Sepp Dietrich. He was initially assigned to the LSSAH.

EBJ