News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian-Czech Urkunde for Jewish Soldier WW1

Quite sad on more than one count.

First, this man suffered two wounds and committed several recognized acts of valor for a nation that will want to kill him for just being who he was. :mad: Talk about a stab in the back.

Second, it is disappointing to see such a group split up like that!! I love Austrian bars too.

I noticed that there is no HK.

Was there a "Buy it now" option?

Hallo Paul R :beer:

No! it was not listed with the "Buy it Now" Option, seems like somebody made the seller an offer he just could not refuse :angry:

If "HK" refers to Hindenberg Cross then he would not get one automatically but would have to apply!!.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Although there was no

OFFICIAL

statutory "reason" to deny Jewish veterans a late-Hindenburg Cross

all this "survey" would have been doing in 1941 was pushing him SLIGHTLY further back on the lists for deportation and murder.

I wonder whether he survived?

Even giving an Italian flag he had captured to the local district Wehrmacht officer would have been of no help when his deferment came up.

Chances are, he was murdered just like anyone else unless he had some civilian "skill" that kept him working until liberation.

Is there a listing of known casualties of the concentration camps? Of course I know that it will not be a complete listing, but it would be a quick way to rule out if he was a known fatality.

Although there was no

OFFICIAL

statutory "reason" to deny Jewish veterans a late-Hindenburg Cross

all this "survey" would have been doing in 1941 was pushing him SLIGHTLY further back on the lists for deportation and murder.

I wonder whether he survived?

Even giving an Italian flag he had captured to the local district Wehrmacht officer would have been of no help when his deferment came up.

Chances are, he was murdered just like anyone else unless he had some civilian "skill" that kept him working until liberation.

There is some ambiguity here-the Nuremberg laws apparently banned awards to Jews as of their promulgation.

If I remember correctly, A. Hitler wanted the Honour Cross not to be awarded to the Jewish soldiers who fought in WWI for Germany, but v. Hindeburg insisted on it, and so they should have gotten it. This, of course, refers to the German Jews and to 1934/35. I don't know what it was like with Austrian etc. Jews post 1938.