News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Umalatova Orders and Decorations

I know that many cringe and shake their heads at these, but I find them to be an interesting side note to the history of the Soviet Union. My hope for this thread would be to post some of these awards to make some record of them for reference. To start it off, this is my first 'Order of Stalin' with an unissued document.

Gentlemen,

as far as I know, Miss Umalatova offered also (at your own expense ;) ) an Order of Stalin in pure gold and with real enamel.

She also confered real awards from the mint (HSL, Lenin, Octoberrevolution, etc.) to comrades, who had paid for such orders and did something honourable to the communsit movement in the RF.

Are there any "gold" Orders of Stalin at the market :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Thats a good point Christian - it would not surprise me if the Umalatova awards that are on the market now (or from the last decade?) were just a way of jewlers to make a few extra rubles? Almost every award and document that I see is blank recently and the medals seem to be readily available as well. Hence my reasoning to starting the thread - make some form of documentation of these. So - post any and all (if you have one?) :jumping:

Hi!!!

I know of 3 different types of the stalin order. I have 2!

The 1st is in a kind of alloy that looks like lead or iron!!!!! The gold is actually a thick layer of metal that appears to peel like chrome does; the enamel is definately 'hot'; the quality is excellent & the ribbon is different, more like the zhukov medal ribbon. The reverse is the same as the second picture, with a small space for a serial number.

My other is the same as the first picture; cold enamel & made from stamped brass.!!!!

The 3rd type is like the first picture, but with the small space on the reverse for the serial number. It is a pretty wee order which looks good next to the likes of the Lenin order.

When i can get access to a scanner i will post some pics for you all!

Gentlemen,

it seems to me, that Umalatova-Medals are in much better quality, than Umalatova-Orders - even the enamel at the OPW 2cl looks bad ...

Maybe the reason is, that the medals are much more common and widespread, than the (rather rare) orders :unsure: ?

Nearly all GPW-veterans have Umalatova-Medals among their CCCP- and RF-Awards.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: There is a great thread about Miss Sazhi Umalatova and her awards (with humoristic contributions by myself) at the "other" Soviet forum: http://www.soviet-awards.com/forum/soviet-...-umalatova.html

• 3 weeks later...