News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bundeswehr Stein

Hi all,

Here's one I picked up in a little shop down in Dothan Alabama while I was on my trip down to Florida:

First West German piece I've found in quite a while. I love the panzer on the front. And it's in terrific shape.

Dan :cheers:

Hi Charles,

No idea... but that makes sense to me. Saw it with a bunch of regular beer steins... just couldn't resist as it was the only military related on.

At some point I'll have to do a thread of all my steins... nothing fancy but I like them. :love::jumping:

Hallo Gents, :beer:

nice Stein, here are a couple or three, from my collection obtained from Flea-Markets when I lived in Bavaria.

based in Kempten (Allg?u).

Military-Police (?)

The oldest one, Medical.

I believe it dates to the mid-1950's.

Any information with regards Number 2 & 3 would be welcome.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva

As you probably know, Dothan is very close to Ft. Rucker which is a major Army rotary and fixed wing aviation training center. The stein is very likely from someone who is/was stationed there.

Regards,

Ed

Slightly outside Military but nice:

Bavarian Border Police, 30th Aniversary, hand-painted piece. :love:

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hi Kevin,

Terrific collection. I especially like the Polizei one... but green being my favorite color that was natural. :D Many thanks for sharing them. I hope to see more examples posted over time. Nice thing about these is how cheap they generally are... unlike the WWI and WWII examples which are just out of sight. Even the remakes of same tend to be pricey. But I've found most of mine for about $5 each or less. This one was about $18 which is the most I've paid. But as it was one of the very few military related items of interest I found on my trip I felt it was worth it.

As you probably know, Dothan is very close to Ft. Rucker which is a major Army rotary and fixed wing aviation training center. The stein is very likely from someone who is/was stationed there.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Definitely knew that. When we lived in north Florida we'd get their copters over our place quite often... along with other aircraft from the naval and air bases in that part of Florida. About the only aircraft we'd see except for life flight on occassion, a logging company chopper or crop duster.

There are a few surplus stores in that area and they do indeed pick up goodies from the personnel stationed there. I got a helicopter helmet many moons ago at once such store. Often see some great pieces in the area.

Hallo Larry & Dan, :beer:

many thanks for your comments with regards my pieces,

do you guys ever use them for the purpose they were intended?? :lol:

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Hi Kevin,

Sure... if you own an old car you drive it... if you own an old pocket watch you use it (or should)... if you own beer steins... :rolleyes: