News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

IC 2nd... Opinions?

ribbon looks ok-how stiff is it?

Whats' the weight and dimensions?

Is it magnetic?

Does it rattle a bit within the frame (3 piece?).

What marks?

What does it smell like?

The inner core I also think has been repainted-although not a few collectors have done that as "repair work" if the core had rusted or flaked.

Hello Dan

Looks like a re-painted '24' to me as well, but as Ulsterman asks, is it magnetic and what are the dimensions. Don't worry if it doesn't rattle as a lot of genuine original EK2s don't - especially if they have been re-painted as the paint sticks the core to the frame and stops any movement.

I feel the new paint is a definite improvement over the old brush strokes and such, especially on the back.

A friend of mine locally (and a fellow member) (Thanks Ernie!!!!) did it for me. He's a master of repainting cars and is a perfectionist. He took this on as a challenge. He's actually still not satisfied after redoing it at least 30 times! He said that the humidity this summer (unusual here in North Dakota) is messing up how the paint is drying. So once the weather changes he wants another crack at it.

Edited by Hauptman

Here are pics from another attempt earlier in the season:

And although there were spots that flaked off due to the humidity problems and such... looking at these pictures again I almost feel it made it look like more of an original old paint job as I've seen many that looked like that after so many years of wear and tear and such.

Anyhow... when he decides to try it again I'll keep ya'll posted and show it again once it's done. :beer:

Dan :cheers: