News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

about four month ago I bought a small group of Imperial ribbons - among was this Bar sans medals, all for eighteen euros.

00d2_1_cr-1.jpg0e68_1_cr.jpg

Since then I have found some ribbonless orphans to complete the bar:

DSCF050t0_cr.jpg

DSCF0498_cr-1.jpg

DSCF0501_cr.jpg

This Forum was instrumental in identifying and completing the Bar - Thank you!

Regards, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Yeah, hard work to affix medals onto a bar! :banger::banger::banger:

Dear Sir (militaria0815)

As ususual with my posts you have a problem understanding them,

I happened to be refering to the fact that the medals have to be found

unless you are an "Expert" :lol: with unlimited access to peoples collections.

German and Austrian items are very easily obtainable if you happen to be in Germania,

but it little more difficult if you are located in Canada.

Dear Hardy, I apologise for straying away from the topic which is about your very nice bar.

mfg Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

@Militaria08/15-So what is wrong if someone is buying a wrecked Spange to bring it back to it's original look? A forum lives from the people who are posting their stuff to discuss it-I don't know what your collecting field is(when I have understand your writing in the other thread right you are in bavarian medals?).Maybe it would be nice if you could post something to show the rights and the wrongs! Show us the traps and the dangers,that would be constructiv.....I'm an iron cross collector,but I like the Baden Spange-and even when it's a "put together",the ribbons are right,the medals are right and I like it!

Micha

Micha, there is nothing wrong w completing a wrecked medal bar, quite the contrary. But is it really a great job??? It is nice that interesting items are shown here in this forum, but i dislike some SPAM posts. This is the intention of my answer to Kev.

Btw a very nice medal bar.

Micha, there is nothing wrong w completing a wrecked medal bar, quite the contrary. But is it really a great job??? It is nice that interesting items are shown here in this forum, but i dislike some SPAM posts. This is the intention of my answer to Kev.

Btw a very nice medal bar.

I think that it is a great job. There are many possible medals that can fit on the last two ribbons. Knowing the proper one is an accomplishment in its own! :cheers: Also, there is nothing bad about giving praise to someones beloved collectibles or collections. What SPAM post are you referring to?

Kind regards

Paul

I think that it is a great job. There are many possible medals that can fit on the last two ribbons. Knowing the proper one is an accomplishment in its own! :cheers: Also, there is nothing bad about giving praise to someones beloved collectibles or collections. What SPAM post are you referring to?

Kind regards

Paul

There are 13 (!!!) different medals which may fit to the Baden ribbon. And who would know, which the proper one is for that bar? No one would! All we have is an attempt, finally it looks good, but how looked it originally? To be honest, is this a great job? Not in my eyes. And in this context I rate the post of Kev_in_Dev as SPAM.

Best regards,

Karl

Well, sure it is not a "great job", but I'm always glad if people who asked for opinions as naxos did some weeks or months ago regarding this bar, then d o what they were said. It was me and some others who told him the best match for this bar. If he now though had completed it with, let's say a BZL3a without swords and an Austrian bravery medal, it would be wrong and nothing else, that's why I'm condfident with what he did. Sorry for even more spam ...

:rolleyes:

PS:

Heinz, would you say that just one of those 12 other decorations using this ribbon would be a better(!) match than the one that now is there?! O_o

Edited by saschaw

Thanks to all for your comments.

Kevin, I understand the meaning of your post in this thread and I do not consider it spam at all, thanks.

Militaria0815, you absolutely right - it was nothing, I simply hooked the appropriate medals to the bar - that's the beauty of it.

I would have not attempted it, if the bar didn't have those beautiful hooks already in place.

Sascha, thanks for all the help.

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Guest Rick Research

Perfect, Hardy! Commendations on the patience and tenacity to DO that and get it right! :beer:

I have exactly one set where the original owner unclipped his awards in order to update his medal bar (sewn in on his Final Version)--

I've CLIPPED a spare EK2 in for illustrative purposes. Second was obviously a medal from the fading-- he probably jumped from a pre-war IX to his post-war XV, but of course there'll never be any way to tell without award documents. (Probably an NCO from Hussar Regiment 16 given where this set came from.) One thing we can be sure of is even though TWO awards used that last ribbon, no 1914 GERMAN had the other one. :rolleyes:

In 30 years I've only seen (and missed) one other 1908 Franz Joseph Inhaber Jubilee medal so doesn't look like I'll be able to clip in a "spare set" any time soon! :lol:

Be civil or find someplace else willing to put up with your boorish behaviour 0815. This is an official warning.

Perfect, Hardy! Commendations on the patience and tenacity to DO that and get it right! :beer:

I have exactly one set where the original owner unclipped his awards in order to update his medal bar (sewn in on his Final Version)--

I've CLIPPED a spare EK2 in for illustrative purposes. Second was obviously a medal from the fading-- he probably jumped from a pre-war IX to his post-war XV, but of course there'll never be any way to tell without award documents. (Probably an NCO from Hussar Regiment 16 given where this set came from.) One thing we can be sure of is even though TWO awards used that last ribbon, no 1914 GERMAN had the other one. :rolleyes:

In 30 years I've only seen (and missed) one other 1908 Franz Joseph Inhaber Jubilee medal so doesn't look like I'll be able to clip in a "spare set" any time soon! :lol:

Be civil or find someplace else willing to put up with your boorish behaviour 0815. This is an official warning.

Do you seriously think the knight order makes sense on that tiny bar w/o any other sword decorations of WW1?? Any prove?

Guest Rick Research

I'm mystified as well, Sascha.

Of course the average Baden Leutnant or Oberleutnant got a BZ3bX and nothing else for German 1914-18 Orders but Iron Crosses.

For example:

Viktor Melchior:

Baden Infantry Regiment 113:

Leutnant 29.1.11 Kk

Oberleutnant 18.4.16 G2g

Hauptmann 1.2.23 #3.

Awards: EK1,2, BZ3bX 12.3.15 as Lt in IR 113, ?M3K.

On Staf of IIIrd Bn/ Reichsheer Inf Rgt 14 in 1924, and commanding 12th (MG) Company in that regiment in 1928.

He then disappears. Not in the army in 1939.

(posted by Rick in an earlier thread)

scan from the "Rangliste des deutschen Reichsheeres 1928"

File0001_cr.jpg

Hardy

Edited by Naxos