News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

This is official description of a medal of the Order of Belize:

"A gold medal with a map of Belize and the garland from the flag of Belize, joined by a Jaguar Head to a gold chain with images of the Jade Head interspersed with jade."

• 12 years later...

Hello Gentlemen,

It seems there is now a good quality pictures of Order of Distinction, the 2nd ranking of Belize Order, awarded to H.E. the Ambassador Ho of the Republic of China, on 15 September 2016.

This Order is a one class Order, and is manufactured  by Cleave from London. Cleave is well known for its pristine amazing quality of manufacturing.

This Order was established on 16 August1991.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Belize Order of Distinction Set.jpg.png

Belize Order of Distinction breast star.jpg.png

Belize Order of Distinction to ROC Ambassador in 2016.jpg

Edited by heusy68

The next  award is Meritorious Service Medal.

It was also established on 16 August 1991, to Belizeans and foregin nationals as an outstanding distinction for those who have rendered meritorious service to Belize, or Belizeans.

Here an exemple of the awards in 2017 to Pedro Salazar

https://www.ambergristoday.com/news/2017/09/22/pedro-salazar-sr-honored-tribute-belizean-patriots-award-ceremony

This medal is also manufactured by Cleave.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Belize Meritorious Seervice Medal.jpg

Belize Meritorious Service Medal.jpg

The Long Service Medal of Belize had also been established on 16 August 1991.

It's a Civil Award to those who have served consistently in an official or civil capacity, with dedication and distinction.

I know because I saw it, that ELM from Singapore was a tender for the contract to manufacture this medal, but I do not know if they won the tender.

Could be, that at the end, Cleave might also have won the tender for manufacturing this medal.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Belize Long Service Medal.jpg

And the last award for which I have a photo is the Belize Defense Force ( BDF ) 15 th Anniversary Medal.

Belize got his independence from United Kingdom on 1981, but the Belize Defense Force was formed in 1978, so I do not really know if this medal was issued from 1993, or 1996, but it is what it is.

Belize Defense Force former Commander, General Lloyd Gillet wear this medal, alongside the Long Service Medal.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Belize 15 th Anniversary BDF Medal obverse.png

Belize Medal 15 th Anniversary BDF reverse.jpg

Belize General LLooyd Gillet photo 2.jpeg

Belize General Lloyd Gillett.jpg

Emmanuel,

Nice photos and information. I was in Belize a life time ago in 1982 with the Army - a while before I was interested in medals. I recall the local beer - Beliken Beer - was OK.

Beers are on me - well in sentiment - this is my 1,000 post!

Owain

1 hour ago, oamotme said:

Emmanuel,

Nice photos and information. I was in Belize a life time ago in 1982 with the Army - a while before I was interested in medals. I recall the local beer - Beliken Beer - was OK.

Beers are on me - well in sentiment - this is my 1,000 post!

Owain

I was in Belize in 2016 and the Belikin was tasting good.

If you're buying I'll take a Belikin, if available.  If not, I'll take a Quad.  ?

• 1 year later...

On the reverse of the sash badge, and also on the reverse of the breast star are the motto of the Belize : SUB UMBRA FLOREO in latin = I flourish in the Shade in english.

The hallmark on reverse of the breast star reads : "925"

It's the first time I encounter this award, as it is NOtT one of the listed 3 Order of Belize

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Belize Unknown Award sash badge reverse.jpg

Belize unknown award breast star reverse.jpg

Edited by heusy68