News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Award Card For the Liberation of Belgrade

A really REALLY interesting question! While it is my long-term goal to get all the GPW campaign medals in fully documented gallantry groups, it is now the only one missing. While I have the medal :), it is sadly and lonsesomely undocumented :( .

Rarer than we think??

A really REALLY interesting question! While it is my long-term goal to get all the GPW campaign medals in fully documented gallantry groups, it is now the only one missing. While I have the medal :), it is sadly and lonsesomely undocumented :( .

Rarer than we think??

Hi Ed,

Me too its the only campaign medal i dont have a doc for, I have never seen a medal with one for sale :unsure:

I have not seen any for sale until recently. There has been 4 availbale for sale recently two on ebay and two with a soviet dealer :jumping:

Here is the page with the two for sale on:

http://www.russian-awards.com/Medals.htm

One of the ones on ebay was a 1985 issue :unsure:

The other being a 1947 which has got a Order book with it and a couple of pages from his military ID book - I bought this one :jumping:

The seller wont let me use his pics so will have to wait till get here :(

Order of Victory

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Interesting that BOTH of yours were issued to discharged veterans, with ranks, by their local Veterans' Commissariat-- and BOTH are to senior NCOs (Guards Starshina and plain old Starshina) with "A" cards usually given to officers.

Vasily Markovich Polisen'ko's was issued by the Mariunopolsky City VetsCom on 28 June 1947. I can't quite make out the unit on his tattered equipment issue booklet-- 80th Guards OI(P?)MD of the 73rd "St(alingrad)" Guards Rifles Division. He was apparently in the supply department. He got an "A" issue Orders Book as well, normally given to officers in the samples we've seen so far-- for his MMM and Glory 3rd.

Starshina Grigory Nikitovich Nosu(p?)enko's was issued from a local (Something-Ivanovsky) Raion VetsCom that I can't read in 1946.

Glad to see you guys are continuing to find things from our friends in the Ukraine without violating :speechless: the Les Mis?rables "Export of National Patrimony rules" of Putinia. :beer:

Interesting that BOTH of yours were issued to discharged veterans, with ranks, by their local Veterans' Commissariat-- and BOTH are to senior NCOs (Guards Starshina and plain old Starshina) with "A" cards usually given to officers.

Vasily Markovich Polisen'ko's was issued by the Mariunopolsky City VetsCom on 28 June 1947. I can't quite make out the unit on his tattered equipment issue booklet-- 80th Guards OI(P?)MD of the 73rd "St(alingrad)" Guards Rifles Division. He was apparently in the supply department. He got an "A" issue Orders Book as well, normally given to officers in the samples we've seen so far-- for his MMM and Glory 3rd.

Glad to see you guys are continuing to find things from our friends in the Ukraine without violating :speechless: the Les Mis?rables "Export of National Patrimony rules" of Putinia. :beer:

Hi Rick, thanks for the info :cheers:

The equipment issue book so would that lis all of his equipment so its not millitray id :unsure:

I thought he got an MMM and Cobat Service medal not a Glory 3rd :unsure:

How did you know mine was from the Ukraine ----- it came from Oddessa :jumping:

Oh i feel some research beckooning for this set :D

Order of Victory

Hi Rick, thanks for the info :cheers:

The equipment issue book so would that lis all of his equipment so its not millitray id :unsure:

I thought he got an MMM and Cobat Service medal not a Glory 3rd :unsure:

How did you know mine was from the Ukraine ----- it came from Oddessa :jumping:

Oh i feel some research beckooning for this set :D

Order of Victory

Some may think us crazy for research "only" an awards book. But what do THEY know, OoV. Go for it!! Squeeze out all that history! :jumping:

Guest Rick Research

Polichenko-- right you are! :cheers: And yes, MMM and VM-- this is what happens from my scribbling notes on scrap paper and then typing too many replies down the page. :blush:

Local Veterans Commissariat (RVK) Is Andreev(+ last letter?)-Ivanovsky-- someplace large enough to have had TWO branches, apparently. Unfortunately these "locals" rarely give the CITY, so no clue where this neighborhood was.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...