News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Translating your research documents

Dear all,

Whereas I manage to make heads and tails of printed russian, I personally find it close to impossible to deciphering Russian handwriting. As a result, I have in past, and still ask, for assistance from a translator/interpreter to translate my research documents into English.

I have asked the translator if she could take on more translations of research documents and I have recieved a positive reply. Therefore, should anyone require the translation of any of their russian research documents, you can either pm me so that I can fill you in, or alternatively, send an e-mail directly to researchtranslations@yahoo.com for the all the details of this service.

Hopefully, as this has been useful to me, it will prove to be helpful to anyone struggling with their Russian research documents.

Best regards,

Jim :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this, Jim. While I am getting NOTHING in the way of new research (not from the Normal Source and not from the two alternate sources that I was testing), I am still sorting out old, untranslated materials. Even the well-known translator I was testing was a terrible disappointment.

Luckily for you all there is One-Eyed Free On-Site Ricky from whom you ALWAYS get what you "pay" for! :P:rolleyes:

To be honest, I feel extremely guilty taking advantage of the "kindness of others" and don't feel you (Rick) should have to give it away for free. As the Wise Old Lady (Bessie Smith) said (and sang): "If I can't sell it, gonna keep sittin' on it, never catch me givin' it away."

Your ongoing translation help is MUCH appreciated! But I am very senesitive to not taking advantage of the saintly generosity of forum friends.

When I have 25-30 pages, . . . .

Guest Rick Research

:speechless1: noooo :speechless1: aaaaghhh :speechless1: run :speechless1: awaaaaaay :speechless1:

But at least you get the general drift and anything that leaps out while waiting endlessly for Official Results.

I am easily entertained, me.

Always been a sucker for a good story. :catjava:

Always a pleasure Ed. I personally have some real problems reading hand written Russian as opposed to printed Russian :blush: In fact I fear that if I try to read too much of it I may indeed end up one eyed just like Rick :P

But as long as I get myself my docs in english without waiting the rest of my life....

Jim :cheers: