News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Atribuited ribbon bar

Vic

• 1 month later...

Henne was awarded the SC in gold and the "Cruz de guerra", this why he olny wear the ribbon for the "medalla de la campana"

Jacques,

Because he earned the Cruz de Guerra, did that make him ineligible for the Red Military Service Cross? Could a person not earn both?

Just curious.

Scott

Edited by Scott

Jacques,

Because he earned the Cruz de Guerra, did that make him ineligible for the Red Military Service Cross? Could a person not earn both?

Just curious.

Scott

Hi,

Yes, as he was awarded the cruz de guerra he can't receive the red cross; At least for the German soldiers envolved in the Legion condor.

jacques

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jacques. It looked like the SCW veteran below had the Red Military Cross on his ribbon bar, but it must be something else :speechless: .

Scott

Hi,

good eyes Scott

Thus , it is not logical because the Cruz de guerra is higher to the red cross, and I own another picture of the same guy were he is not wearing the red cross but only the medalla de la campana.

I'm may be wrong, perhaps one of our spanish friend can give us an opinion or official text to help us going further.

I know that K?bler (PzGruppe Drohne ) was awarded 3 spanish medals and though he was alone in such a case.

Interesting topic

jacques

In my photo archives, I found this plausable 3-award combination: Red Military Cross, Campaign Medal, Wounded Medal (I don't recall who's medal bar this is)...

Edited by Scott

In my photo archives, I found this plausable 3-award combination: Red Military Cross, Campaign Medal, Wounded Medal (I don't recall who's medal bar this is)...

Yes, this bar is good. When I was talking about 3 decorations, it was fo the Medalla Militar, cruz de guerra, cruz roja/blanca, and medalla de la campana. The combination of the 3 first one is at least scarce.

Indeed - I also found these three ribbon bars in my photo archive (again, I don't recall who these belong to). Unfortunately, I don't have photos of the reverse of either bar. If such combinations were feasable, one would think crossed-swords would be placed accordingly...

Edited by Scott

Indeed - I also found these three ribbon bars in my photo archive (again, I don't recall who these belong to). Both are unusual to say the least ...

I don't think these 2 last one original. There are to sell on Militariaweb, and I guess them newly made bars, may be with original ribbons, but it is not even sure.

jacques