News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dr. med. Franz Emil Wittichen -who's got informations?

I've bought an 1870 non combatant medalbar with the eK2 and a mecklemburg FF cross(both nc ribbons).The seller told me he has bought it direktly from the family and the name that was given to him was "Dr. med. Franz Emil Wittichen "Who can tell me more about him?

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

Hallo Micha,

unfortunately no luck with the "Stammliste der Kaiser Wilhelms-Akademie f?r das milit?r?rztliche Bildungswesesn". That means he did his medical studies not there, may be on a civilien university. In the Ordensalmanach 1908/09 is also no Wittichen to be found. The oldest Prussian ranklist I?ve got is 1884 - no Wittichen :( .

Probably he was not a Sanit?tsoffizier, but a civilien medical docter serving behind the front in 1870/71 without a military rank or with a non officers rank. Then it will be difficult to find something.

Can you show us this bar, please :rolleyes:

With regards, Komtur.

Dr. Franz Emil Wittichen got his Dr. med. from the University of Berlin on 30.09.1856. So he was probably born around 1830. I could not find him in the Berlin address books.

If the bar has neither the 1897 medal nor the 1895 oakleaves, he was probably dead before 1895.

Regards

Chris

Micha,

for some reason I missed him when I checked the 1871 Prussian Rang- und Quartier-Liste however Andy emailed me with the following:

1868-1873 St. Arzt and Ob. St. Arzt (1871-1873) der Landwehr in II./Landwehr R. 68 (Deutz) In 1871-1873 he is shown having the EKIIw LD2 and MMV2a.r.B. In 1874 m.d. Sanit. Uniform d. Absch. bew.

I scanned this from the 1872 Rang- und Quartier-Liste.

Regards

Glenn