News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military Hero's Star

I have had this one since 1992. I was told that it was a copy that was for everyday wear. It seems to be made of brass with some of the gilt finish remaining.

Any opinions? I bought it for 70 dollars fifteen years ago. As you can see, it is unnumbered. Regardless, it makes a great filler.

Regards

Paul

The tale about "copies for everyday wear" seems to be the unholy invention of enterprising dealers. There's no evidence that such things ever existed. A nice quality "replica" could go on a uniform, but this one seems pretty "brassy" (or is it the scan?).

Guest Rick Research

I have a similar one adequately filling the relevant original hole in a M1969 air force general's field tunic.

Thanks guys,

Ed- You are right. It is very brassy. Most of the golden finish has worn off.

Rick- It does make a good filler. I will keep mine for that reason, as there is no way I will ever be able to afford an original at todays prices.