News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraq Iran War Monument Captured Iranian Helmets

Guest IMHF

Iraq Iran War Monument Captured Iranian Helmets:

Picked these up from one of Iraq's War monuments. It is a group of captured Iranian Helmets for Saddam's Iraq Iran War monument. The Hands of the War monument Were made as exact copies of Saddam's hands. The nets in his hands Carry all the Helmets of the dead Iranians captured during the War, these are those helmets. The swords of the Monument are made out of the Martyr, Iraqi soldier's, Weapons that smite the Iranian Army during the war.

I think that these are worth more to me then the Vador helmet:

Thank you for Viewing

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

The Helmets are enbeded into the base of the Iraqi Iran War Monument pooring out of the nets in the Saddam's hands.

Picture 2.

That monument is a very sobering piece. Any clues as to the number of helmets inside? The helmets look like old surplus British and Soviet WW2 types.

How did you get yourself into Saddam's hand? :unsure:

Climb up from the Base of the arm that goes under ground. Work your way up to the top using the metal beams inside the arm used for the support of Saddam hand that holds the huge sword:

So even the monuments get plundered these days?

I think that this happens with defeated regimes.

Most of Hitler's monuments were blown up, many Soviet ones(from what I understand) were destroyed with the fall of Communism, and a lot of Saddam's were pulled down as well. I guess that I would be under a different mind set if the monument was recognizing the sacrifices and losses of thier own troops. But this monument celebrates the death of Iranians on individual level.

While I am not one to deface monuments, this monument really grim and I do not feel bad about it being defaced. I bet that the Iranians would love to blow this one up!

This is just my non political opinion.

Paul

Thank you, you made my picture look good, I am still trying to learn how to shrink my photos down. It looks good thank you very much. I will send you more and you can shrink them down for me.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo :cheers:

I liked the post Lorenzo, thanks for sharing it.

Just a word on the monument itself.

It is not unlike many ancient monuments (eg. Ancient Egypt) showing the victory of the king and depicting the fallen enemy troups. I believe there are also similar carvings in Mezo America. Grim, yes but nothing new.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hello SSG Luna:

Thank you for sharing your photos and experiences of this fascinating monument. It brings back some fond memories, as I was there in January 2005 (seems like a lifetime ago now).

At that time, there was no gift shop, only an Iraqi security detail. Those guys were great. They gave us a tour of Sadam's quarters behind the viewing podium of the parade area.

According to information available on the net (Wikipedia/Global Security): the hands were actually modelled after Sadam's hands and the swords were fabricated by the German foundry H+H Metalform. The blades of the swords reportedly weigh 24 tons each. They were cast in Iraq and are "partialy composed of metal from guns and tanks of Iraqi soldiers killed in the Iran-Iraq war".

It is an awe-inspiring thing to see in person!

Apparently, this monument has been slated for demolition (which began in February of this year) by the new govenment. However, the demolition was apparently seen as controversial and was temporarily halted.

Thank you for your service!

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

• 3 weeks later...

Man I hope they don't distroy it, that would be a waste to all the Iraqi soldiers who fought and died in the Iraq Iran War. so what if they are Saddam's Hands! You know what i mean? That is a piece of military history for the world to share and remember.

Thank you for Viewing my Posts

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lorenzo & thanks for these beautifull photos which you shared with us. I think this statute should not be destroyed because it considered as a peice of Iraqi army history & also as a piece of history for the Great Iraqi Sculpturer named " Khalid Al-Rahaal" , he was dead but burried in the same tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Saddam dead ang became bad history, but Iraqi army is still a pioneer army in middle east and the world.

The Iraqi Army was founded on 6th of January 1921.

Thanks

Keep sharing the awesome history of your country, I would love to learn so much from you my brother thank you so much for your friendship.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo