News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Even if you stand on your head...

This just arrived along with a ton of other goodies in a box big enough to hold a small elephant and weighing almost as much as said elephant. More about that later, maybe. I guess someone got a little cofused when he put this little gem together. I've tried flopping it over, but it just doesn't hang right. The bar seems to be cardboard with a well stitched silk covering. The rings are stitched on tight and the pin is a common or garden safety pin. I just :love: these oddballs.

When I was in the army I always mounted my own awards. My last rack was a really good looking bar. It is made from a cut up shoulderboard, lots of super glue, the plastic from an Audio cassette box....

In 80 years someone should post it :-)

But back to this guy. I think we should not underestimate how backward and poor many areas of Germany were in the 1930's. I live in a fairly suburban village, but descriptions of the village 1945-50 make it sound like something from the middle ages. Customary to keep pigs and cattle in the house, in 1950 still sand roads and only 2 cars in the village...

Kinda like in the Borat movie...

Now it is fully suburban high tech... in the 1930s....

probably very backward... and the owner of the bar was probably in a similar village. Wanted to wear his awards to the volunteer fireman parade, had little money and the tailor was 15km away.... so he mounted them himself... and out in tha ass end of nowhere... noone even noticed.

Guest Rick Research

I've seen even tailor made ones being worn upside down--open end of the hooks down, but gravity defied at the pin--like this. The trapezoid's a funny looking style any which way anyhow.