News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

medal Liege/luik 1934

Hello Gents,

I bought this medal, but haven't got an idea what it is, perhaps someone else knows it/can help me.

The front says:

-National (in French and Dutch)

-NLD (but the letters might also be read in a different order like: ND L, I have no idea)

the back says:

-Jos Sandre

-Li?ge

anyboy any idea what it is?

luik1934pb7.jpgluik19342nv1.jpg

thanks in advance for any help.

kind regards,

Roeland

Hello Roeland,

Non-official medals as this one is not my field at all but at a guess : Nationale des D?fenseurs de Li?ge (National Society of Li?ge's Defenders) ... may well be quite wrong and hopefully someone will correct me then !

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hello Roeland,

Non-official medals as this one is not my field at all but at a guess : Nationale des D?fenseurs de Li?ge (National Society of Li?ge's Defenders) ... may well be quite wrong and hopefully someone will correct me then !

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hello Roeland and Hendrik,

It might be totaly wrong, but I was told this medal is a commemoration medal which was given by a certain organisation to people who travelled as a pelgim to Lourdes. NLD or NDL ....Notre Dame de Lourdes.

On the other hand, if it would be a Li?ge Defenders medal, I doubt the maker ( Jos. Sandre, Li?ge) would use a Dutch word (nationaal)in a Waloon medal?

Kind regards,

Jef

Good point, Jef ! Until further notice, "Notre Dame de Lourdes" it is ...

Cheers,

Hendrik

Maybe another question for Loek Jansens? Looking forward to hear his answer.

Jef

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed Notre Dame du Lourdes. I had a uniform of them wich I striped and sold the insignia. (no worries the uniform was a civilian vest wich smelled after urine) The reason I bought it at a fleamarket was that in the pocket was a nice knight in the leopoldsorder and a French medal. :rolleyes:

Edited by oli4vercammen

• 1 month later...