News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Albrecht the Bear (Anhalt)

The third picture is the same as it has been used by eBay seller "sterog62". He sold yet (at least) three of this order as he offers almost anything he has several times. Please don't ask me why a have a bad feeling with an eBay seller who has barrels of rare imperial German awards ...

:rolleyes:

Depends on you. I'm almost inclined to say ZERO. A modern fake is actually nothing worth ...

Sorry, I was not clear enough and I mixed value and price... :blush: What would a fair price be if the badge is genuine? And if it turns out to be a high quality copy/fake?

Be very careful Carol I on this order, fakes have been coming out of Europe since the 1950's. I'm not even sure if there is a way to tell an orginal from a good quality copy, if there is I'd like to know. The only was to be sure to have an orginal Albert the Bear is locating one on a bar that looks not to have been tampered with. Good luck

Sincerely

Yankee

Be very careful Carol I on this order, fakes have been coming out of Europe since the 1950's. I'm not even sure if there is a way to tell an orginal from a good quality copy, if there is I'd like to know. The only was to be sure to have an orginal Albert the Bear is locating one on a bar that looks not to have been tampered with. Good luck

Thanks, Yankee. Having a simple metal design, I could imagine that this order is very appealing to fakers. And this is why I decided to ask about the range of fair prices for these badges...

:beer:

Thanks, Yankee. Having a simple metal design, I could imagine that this order is very appealing to fakers. And this is why I decided to ask about the range of fair prices for these badges...

:beer:

Hi Carol I

Yes a simple design but beautifully crafted. For prices they range from 200 euros for a knight ll class & up. Commander grade perhaps 500 euro & up. Note there are gold examples :speechless1: & they are rare.

Sincerely

Yankee

Yes a simple design but beautifully crafted. For prices they range from 200 euros for a knight ll class & up. Commander grade perhaps 500 euro & up. Note there are gold examples :speechless1: & they are rare.

I see... so this order is not that untouchable.

I also find the design very nice, but not being my main interest I will probably wait until a nice opportunity pops up.

I also find the design very nice, but not being my main interest I will probably wait until a nice opportunity pops up.

yes yes the order can be easily had & the prices reflect that. I suspect there are more fakes then orginals out there. Remember Anhalt was very small & to see so many badges on the market makes many collectors hesitant. For myself I'd purchase one only in a group or a documented one & preferably cased.

Sincerely

Brian

The third picture is the same as it has been used by eBay seller "sterog62". He sold yet (at least) three of this order as he offers almost anything he has several times. Please don't ask me why a have a bad feeling with an eBay seller who has barrels of rare imperial German awards ...

It was sterog62. Following your advice and my gut feeling I did not participate. The end price was 300 EUR. According to Brian (Yankee) it was rather cheap for an authentic badge, but quite expensive for a copy. :unsure:

It was sterog62. ...

This guy has come up before with endless supplies of hard to find badges like Gold Naval Wound Badges. I was suspicious of him before but he's finally added some definite fakes to his latest offerings - the Anhalt 1st Class cross and the Wurttemburger pin-back both have known fake hardware assemblies on them.

If you've bought from him in the past, I would be highly suspicious of whatever it is.

Regards

Mike

Hello Carol I,

If you are really interested in pursuing this order and learning more about it, I would like to recommend ?Die Orden und Ehrenzeichen der Anhaltischen Staaten? by Dr. Gerd Scharfenberg. It is an excellently done work which covers this order in great depth.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

If you are really interested in pursuing this order and learning more about it, I would like to recommend ?Die Orden und Ehrenzeichen der Anhaltischen Staaten? by Dr. Gerd Scharfenberg. It is an excellently done work which covers this order in great depth.

Thanks for the advice. My main interest is Romania, but if I have the chance of finding this book and learn German (the possibility could be closer than I previously thought) I will take a look as I find this order interesting in design.