News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Machine Gun Boettcher

Ralph;

Thanks for sharing the interesting Pass. On post # 22, I am not getting a frequently used word. The first word in the entries of 28. 5. to 6. 6. 17. , 8. 12. 17. to 20. 3. 18. , and 28. 8. to 29. 8. 18. , among others? "Stellungskampf" ???

Also note on post # 23, on training. Gewehr 98, M. G., und Pistole 08. What you would expect. Am I right on the MG? Hardy the best penmanship; at least the same guy wrote a lot of it, so you have a bigger sample for puzzling out the execution of certain letters and words. A lot of these Paesse were completed after the war by less than inspired folk. Interesting how the handwriting in Paesse in the last say six months of the war got worse and worse, matching the generally crumbling infrastructure overall.

Ralph: Do you collect these seriously? So few in the US seem to.

Bob Lembke

Ralph: Do you collect these seriously? So few in the US seem to. Bob Lembke

Yes, I have a nice selection of Imperial document and medal groups, that have accumulated over the years. I favor those with interesting weapons training entries, and not so much for decorations. This one fell a little short of the mark; I was hoping for something a little more interesting... like a juicy entry for the badge (yeah I was thinking about Boonzaier)... but I kept it anyway. Nice pictures of the fellow, and I wanted the badge.

Looks like he spent the last month shooting at the AEF.

I noticed that; this fellow worked his buzz-saw all over France ,and he didn't discriminate against nationalities....

Edited by Ralph A

• 7 years later...

Hello gents. I forgot I had this group, and found it tucked away last night. Got me to thinking....

This looks like a good place to announce the following.

Heart surgery a couple years ago really slowed me down, and put me on a Different Path. My third novel is almost complete and ready to publish. Furthermore (bear with me)...

The Nest is empty!

My daughter graduated the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Arts and is now living it up in the Emirates, working as Lighting Director at Dubai-Land... and my son is, well.... doing what lots of rebellious sons like to do to get out of the Old Man's shadow. In and out the revolving door. But basically he's independent. Since the long suffering wifey-wife and I are not getting nay younger, I'm getting a LOT of pressure to start liquidating some of my long time acquisitions.

Fine by me. I agree it's time. I'll start with the peripherals....

The group in this thread is a good example of something not central to what I collect (cased Imperial German decorations/orders, Day Badges (tinnies) 1895-1945, Imperial EK's and EK non-combatant medal bars, Finnish medal groups, Lineol toys, Wehrmacht and Japanese naval photo albums, Soldbuchs/Militarpassen/NS membership books and stamps, and some other stuff I have posted here and there over the years. You've seen the breadth and depth of it.

So there's gonna be a massive sell-off beginning very soon. Some of you may know me as author of The Great Tinnie War thread over at WAF, still to my knowledge the longest, most-posted thread in any forum's history. (I'm gonna unload a few hundred tinnies that are posted there very soon, if anyone is interested.)

Otherwise, I'm starting with this group.

Don, I know you'll see this. I promised you First Bite long ago. PM me and let me know if you are interested. We can come up with a plan, if you need time. There's plenty of other things to sell without having you break the piggy bank open on something that really does belong in your collection.

Everyone else, keep an eye peeled on the Classifieds sometime in mid-January. Or... there's so much stuff I might just post it all to my (private) website and supply a link. We'll see. Whatever is best for the Forum and its members.

Stay tuned... there's gonna be a hoot and a holler.... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: