News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all, I was most fortunate to aquire the following group from a relative of the late US Army Vet. this week. He showed up in this 1955 Ford Thunderbird and sold me these items out of the trunk. Certainly the highlight of my year collecting. The model 43 tunic is near mint and most likely unworn. The field gear is dated 1941, buckle 1938 and RBN pouches. A real big thrill for me. Best, Bill

Hi Bill ...I think you missed out here. If it was me , I would have crammed everything back in the Trunk and cut a deal for the whole Car and its contents :cheers:

Nothing better than opening a Trunk and finding treasures (unless it's Jimmy Hoffa of course)

By your pics it looks like this guy could have done his Souvenir Shopping during the War at some German Depot ...The Tunic looks unissued and the Ammo pouches and Canteen also look crisp and unissued. Only the Gasmask looks like it was used.

Can you see where any insignia was ever sewn on besides the Litzen and Adler ?

Edited by Mike

Field gear, the buckle is nicely combat worn. The pouches are unissued. The canteen is dated 1941 and shows light use but aged metal cap. I cant find any areas on the tunic that would show it was actually issued. The buttons are stamped JFS. A well made high quality late M43. Mike Im with you on the TBird I had to take a pic. The owner lives in Ramona where the California "Witch Creek Fire" started a few weeks ago. It came close to him and he has decided to thin out his estate. He kept an nice parade bayonet and a kriegs flag. Best, Bill