News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

one piece EK1

The cross you have posted is a perfectly fine example of a 1 piece cross.

This particular style is belived to have been produced in the 1920s-30s.

They have a very charactoristic look to the hinge and pin. Nothing to

worry about on this one.

I do not think anyone knows for sure who the manufacture was of these

crosses. There are other examples of 1 piece crosses out there from different

makers. Maybe we could convince members here to post some :jumping:

Here is another example of the same 1920s-30s replacement crosss as yours.

Edited by gregM

The story about navy Eks is just a story.

I believe that there were 1 piece crosses made during the war although

I can not back that theory up. I think that (maybe someone with more experience

can help me out here) the reason these are thought to be post war or between war

manufacture has to do with style and construction of the hinge, pin and catch.

They also made a 1 piece Ek2. This is 1 piece made of Nuesilber and is diestruck.

Hello Bill,

Interresting to see your ek has no maker either.

I wonder if anybody here has a one piece construction with maker marks on it.

I for one find it strange that there are no maker marks around on the one piece ek's.

Id ads to the mystery of these ek's.

One piece ek's are also starting to rise in price in comparison to the more common 3 piece ek's like the K.O.'s and i wonder why.

Something whe are overlooking?

vince

There are no examples with a real maker mark known so far-only with a silver content stamping.I've got a screwback "Fincke Berlin" stamped,but this was for sure a retailer and not the maker(similar to Sedlatzeck).the 2nd one shown exists also with a magnetic core,the first one only as a single piece non magnetic...

Micha

No on both counts. Not all one piece EK1s are non-magnetic. If it is magentic is is not necessarily a fake.

The type at the top of the thread has only been encountered in non-magentic alloys. There are genuine iron (magentic) one-piece EK1s - they have a different core and hardware though.

Regards

Mike

Mike,

the type at the top has a magnetic core and a non magnetic needle.

So is it a fake?

Can you show me a example of the one who is magnetic with the different hardware.

regards

Vince

Hi Vince,

Well, if your example is magnetic then I will have to change my statement! I think your example at the top of the tread is fine, regardless of material. I have only encountered them as non-mag alloys, but obviously they were produced in iron as well. Another variant to look for! :banger::banger:

I'm attaching scans of my examples. The two on the top are iron (magentic). The others are non-magnetic alloys.

Regards

Mike