News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KKA Doctor -- Field Hospital Badge w/Doc

Here's something I brought home this trip. I think it belongs in this forum but I'm not positive. Seems like it should but feel free to move it if not.

Lazaret = military field hospital, according to my Oxford Concise Russian.

This is a 1923 doctor's badge from the KKA (Caucasus Red Army) 3rd Division Field Hospital in Kutaisi, Georgia. At least, that's where Order #4 was signed. 3 Д Л would be 3-го Див Лаз, as you can see from the document below.

KKA items have always been extremely hard for me to find. I don't think I have ever passed on one and I still only have 4-5, something like that, maybe a couple more.

I hope this is something you haven't seen before and I hope you enjoy it.

Chuck In Oregon ... Where I Belong

Guest Rick Research

Those are just PERFECT scans! :cheers:

It doesn't actually say what POSITION Comrade Sidorenko was in, but the such flimsy paper surviving at all is amazing.

The tongues and heads of the serpents look more like a swan's beak and head but otherwise fanatastic workmanship.

Those are just PERFECT scans! :cheers:

It doesn't actually say what POSITION Comrade Sidorenko was in, but the such flimsy paper surviving at all is amazing.

The tongues and heads of the serpents look more like a swan's beak and head but otherwise fanatastic workmanship.

I hate to turn down a compliment, but I have pretty much given up on getting scans right. You can do it, I can't. These are photos, except for the document which I scanned on my HP C7250 AIO. Well, they're digital images. Thanks, though.

I intend to buy a stand-alone scanner before the end of the year, hopefully one that can do over-sized scans. I have read you on Epsons in the past and I know you favor them. Got a suggestion on which model?

Chuck