News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commemorative pins

Hello

This is a part of my collection, of commemorative pins. My father in law, bought them for me, for next to nothing, about ten years ago. I have scanned some close ups, of the pins, that I believe have a military connection. I don't read russian, so if anyone can help me with the inscriptions, I would appreciate it very much.

Regards

Snoopy

Guest Rick Research

1) souvenir of the Hero City of "Volgograd" (ex-Stalingrad)

2) "Kurgan Slavy 1944" (Hail to the Kurgans, 1944... ?)

3) part that shows says "Hero of the Soviet Union A.M. Kizhebatov"

4) tank-- "Minsk 1944"

5) monument "Odessa" (Hero City)

6) I can't read, but is probably "Minsk" again-- in White Russian (Hero City)

7) columns "Hero City Volgograd"

8) cavalryman trying to get horse to leap off cliff monument = "Cheboksary" with name below "V. Chalaev"

1) souvenir of the Hero City of "Volgograd" (ex-Stalingrad)

2) "Kurgan Slavy 1944" (Hail to the Kurgans, 1944... ?)

3) part that shows says "Hero of the Soviet Union A.M. Kizhebatov"

Thank you very much, for all the help. :jumping:

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

• 3 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...

Snoopy, quite a few of those badges have a Belarusian connection. I notice the Belarusian SSR flag pin and a Mogiev one too. If you ever wish to part with them, I'd be interested in a couple!

Nice set of badges though!

Regards.

B.

[/quot

You speak about subjects with the Belarus name with greater interest. Why. Your ancestors were born in Belarus. I apologize if the question is not pleasant to you.

You speak about subjects with the Belarus name with greater interest. Why. Your ancestors were born in Belarus. I apologize if the question is not pleasant to you.

No offence taken Sergey! My interests primarily lie in Belarus at the moment, and I do have connections to the country. But the main reason is, as mentioned above that finances force me to focus my collecting.

• 1 month later...

Snoopy, quite a few of those badges have a Belarusian connection. I notice the Belarusian SSR flag pin and a Mogiev one too. If you ever wish to part with them, I'd be interested in a couple!

Nice set of badges though!

Regards.

B.

Hello

Which one is called "Mogiev", and is it from the soviet era?

All the best

Snoopy