News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Ushakov individual Medal

I purchased this Order of Ushakov early in my Soviet collecting, just thought it was a neat looking medal. The order booklet has the medal listed by number but also has a previous award of the same medal. Is this a medal that was ever awarded twice to the same individual? I was suspicious at the time but the price was slightly more that the value of the medal at the time so, it is a multi piece construction. The photo does not due the medal justice its much sharper. I am having a real problem getting the photos down to the 65K size.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Regards

Jim

Is this a medal that was ever awarded twice to the same individual?

Dear Jim,

I don't know about such cases :unsure: , but there might be same of these cases.

The combination: Ushakov + Nakhimov Medal happened, as you can see at the Mir-Nagrad-website: http://www.mirnagrad.ru/cgi-bin/exinform.c...n_code=mushakov

The entry of your Ushakov Medal in the orders booklet looks for me a bit suspicious: Strange ink + strange writing :rolleyes: . Might be faked by the dealer :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: Could you please present better pics of the medal and the booklet :love: .