News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Eye Candy

Ed_Haynes

As eye candy for the holidays, a good friend shared this image with me. I have asked him to make my holidays very happy, but this isn't in his personal collection (either). Still . . . .

And, yes, that GSM clasp is what you think it is! :o

As eye candy for the holidays, a good friend shared this image with me. I have asked him to make my holidays very happy, but this isn't in his personal collection (either). Still . . . .

And, yes, that GSM clasp is what you think it is! :o

Thanks for sharing the wonderful bar! What is the clasp for? Can you please list out the medals? The man looks like he is a true veteran!!

The group:

Vishisht Seva Medal class I (possibly Param Vishisht Seva Medal?)

Vir Chakra

GSM 1947 - Overseas Korea

Poorvi Star 1971

Raksha Medal 1965

Sangram Medal 1971

Sainya Seva Medal - Jammu-Kashmir

25th Independence Anniversary

30 Years Service

20 Years Service

9 Years Service

Or should I have made this a quiz??? :P

Guest Rick Research

Why no U.N. Korea Medal?

I suppose none of those are named, so the magnificent career soldier who earned those is lost forever?

If on the market it would certainly drain the rupee account.

Paul

1- The UN Korea Medal in Hindi was planned (for sure) and manufactured in the Caclutta Mint (I think), but government policy never allowed its acceptance. The whole Korea thing (other than the NNRC service) turned out as a real political embarassment for India. Efforts are currently underway to get that decision on the UN medal reversed for the few potential recipients who survive.

2- All are named. Normal practice for Indian medals until the last sad decade. Just waiting for someone to identify the recipient. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

OK:

MR-381 Captain (later Lt Gen) Ashoke Banerjee, Army Medical Corps. One of the VERY FEW VrCs awarded for Korea!

Also MiD for Korea, but not shown on the ribbon (that UGLY little leaf).

Edited by Ed_Haynes