News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just saw that I have posted this in the wrong section. Moderators: Please move this to the right section. Thanks!

Hi.

I need your opinions on this tellerm?tze please.

The top is fasten with a coupple of stitches, but is removable.

I do belive it's a original, but would like to hear what you have to say.

Best regards,

Andr

Edited by NOR_collector

Hello,

I am not a hat collector and every TR hat or tunic I have ever owned had the size ink stamp in an even size or was so faded or worn to the point that I could not read it . This hat looks very nice and old but the hat size looks strange to me . The stated hat size is 57 1/2 , since the hat and other clothing dimentions use the metric system would'nt the hat size be ink stamped 57.5 ?

Best Regards,

Joe

Hello,

I am not a hat collector and every TR hat or tunic I have ever owned had the size ink stamp in an even size or was so faded or worn to the point that I could not read it . This hat looks very nice and old but the hat size looks strange to me . The stated hat size is 57 1/2 , since the hat and other clothing dimentions use the metric system would'nt the hat size be ink stamped 57.5 ?

Best Regards,

Joe

The "1/2" is not a problem.

Hello!

You can see the "1/2" on this LW NCO Visor,from Bob Lyons Collection of the Luftwaffe section.

All the best

Nesredep

Hello,

Very niceLW NCO visor hat ! But the size is ink stamped 54.5 , just as I would expect to see . The hat in question at the start of this thead is clearly marked in white ink 57 1/2. This mark " 1/2 " is what I feel is incorrect .

Best Regards,

Joe

• 1 month later...

The use of the fraction 1/2 as opposed to the decimal .5 to indicate half sizes may seem strange but is entirely legitimate on 3rd Reich period caps. You can find it in side caps, field caps, visor caps, anything at all really. It is not a problem..

Hello!

Thank You for good information,i learn evry day. :jumping::jumping:

All the best

Nesredep