News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think we both came out ahead on the deal. :cheers:

I hope so ... :P I hope we could get some information on this? Pity there are no devices on it ...

The eBay seller I had this one from had another one, but I was outbid on it so the set split. Here the picture, if it may help ...

I hope so ... :P I hope we could get some information on this? Pity there are no devices on it ...

The eBay seller I had this one from had another one, but I was outbid on it so the set split. Here the picture, if it may help ...

Awesome! Even if the bars have been permanently separated, it's still neat to be able to hang onto the images and the information.

I'm guessing enlisted level but I'm not really sure. Definately some sort of story in that bar.

I traded Saschaw a ribbon bar that matches one of his medal bars for this unusual little Bavarian. I think we both came out ahead on the deal. :cheers:

4erFeldspangeBayerna.jpg

4erFeldspangeBayernb.jpg

I like the 4 place the best. Is the placement of the first two correct?

Guest Rick Research

:love::love::love::love:

Yup, two different classes so both could be worn at the same time, but WHICH classes? Probably a BMVK2X and aBMVK3X(mKr?).

Somewhere out there is a MEDAL bar. :unsure:

This is the first time I've seen war merit and frontline ribbons on the same bar(s). Wish that was mine! :beer:

:love::love::love::love:

Yup, two different classes so both could be worn at the same time, but WHICH classes? Probably a BMVK2X and aBMVK3X(mKr?).

Somewhere out there is a MEDAL bar. :unsure:

This is the first time I've seen war merit and frontline ribbons on the same bar(s). Wish that was mine! :beer:

A very nice bar. I too wish it were mine. I'm amazed how you guys come across this stuff. I must be so far out of the loop... the click... the circle... :unsure:

I wished it was still mine ... :speechless:

:rolleyes:

Well, I get used to sell bars and to get to know they are better than I thought. :P

Consider yourself fortunate, as the bar I sent you is one of only two bars I've ever traded or sold.

Yeah, Bavarian is my specialty / fetish.

Nice bar, but not correct.

The wearer received two different MVO/MVK during WWI. The first one was on the ribbon for "Kriegsverdienst" which had to be returned when he got the one with the war ribbon.

There were quite a few civil servants who got the MVK1x/2x for "Kriegsverdienst" and later on a MVK1x/MVO4x with war ribbon. All of them eturned the lower decoration.

Nevertheless very interesting.

Guest Rick Research

Wasn't the Ludwigkreuz also supposed to have been returned if any MVK/MVO was later awarded? I've seen Ludwigs and MVKs on bars, too.

Noooooooooooooooobody was paying attention, after 1918. :cheers:

Wasn't the Ludwigkreuz also supposed to have been returned if any MVK/MVO was later awarded? I've seen Ludwigs and MVKs on bars, too.

Noooooooooooooooobody was paying attention, after 1918. :cheers:

Nothing is impossible

By the way, this poor guy received three MVO?s with swords during WWI. Unfortunately he had to return two of them.

Bernd, that's a nice ribbon bar. Can you tell us who the owner was?

Guest Rick Research

Oberst aD Oskar von Grundherr zu Altenthan un Weyherhaus?

But I did not know that holders of the BMV4XmKr had to give that BACK when they got any BMV3X-- didn't the Crown make it permanent, like a Prussian Red Eagle Order with Crown?

BMV3X's mit Krone 17.9.17

BMV3X 20.10.16

BMV4XmKr 11.11.14

Oberst aD Oskar von Grundherr zu Altenthan un Weyherhaus?

But I did not know that holders of the BMV4XmKr had to give that BACK when they got any BMV3X-- didn't the Crown make it permanent, like a Prussian Red Eagle Order with Crown?

BMV3X's mit Krone 17.9.17

BMV3X 20.10.16

BMV4XmKr 11.11.14

Yes Rick, it is him. The crown did not make it permanent like the REO.

Guest Rick Research

That's strange, since different classes of the MVO and MVK could be worn together, for say a Lt dR's BMV4X and BMVK2X.

Those Bavarians didn't getting Weird Ideas :unsure: about returning things from those crazy W?rttembergers, did they? :speechless1:

I know that classes of the BMV without crown had to be returned before the SAME class mit Krone could be issued (I have the paperwork for one officer's receipts and counter-receipts) but had no clue that 4s and 3s could not be worn together.

What about the junior officers-- Hauptleute etc who got 1918-20 BMV3Xs as "second best" for a Max Joseph-- when they held a BMV4XmKr? Did they have to give their twice-awarded 4s back and only wear ONE award instead of the three? :speechless1:

I've seen groups with a BMV3X and BMV4XmKr... but maybe simply Weimar's Nobody Cares Any More?