News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My WW2 Firearms

Paul R

Hi,

As I am new to this forum, I want to take a few moments to share my firearms with you all.

I will start off with my Allied Rifles. All of these are Soviet Except for the bottom(MAS 36) which is French.

Best regards

Paul Reck

Edited by Paul Reck

Thank you for your compliments on the G43! It is a 1944 make! The ammo pouches are one of the few repro things I own. I used to take the G43 to re-enactments. I did this only once. I was so paranoid with it that I will never take it out into the field again.

Best regards

Paul Reck

Edited by Paul Reck

I no longer have it. I traded it for a Kar98k and a fantastic cammo M35 luft Helm. This was 10 years ago, I wish I still had it as prices have gone up so much. I have not been able to post any pics. I have to use a friend's camera and have resized them but they won't post. I am a T-Rex on the tech end. I'll keep trying.

byf

Very impressive collection, Paul! I really like your SVT-40! They are alot of fun to shoot, but in my opinion, the SVT is a beast when it comes to field stripping to clean. What is your opinion of the accuracy of your Mosin Nagant rifles versus your K98? Thte last time that I had taken my Mosins and K98 out to the range, I actually grouped much better with the Mosin Nagant than I did with the K98. Overall, you have a collection to be very proud of! :jumping:

Very impressive collection, Paul! I really like your SVT-40! They are alot of fun to shoot, but in my opinion, the SVT is a beast when it comes to field stripping to clean. What is your opinion of the accuracy of your Mosin Nagant rifles versus your K98? Thte last time that I had taken my Mosins and K98 out to the range, I actually grouped much better with the Mosin Nagant than I did with the K98. Overall, you have a collection to be very proud of! :jumping:

The worst part about field stripping the Tokarev is freeing the bolt from the receiver. Other than that, I was shocked to see how few pieces were present... I do remember the first time trying to field strip it, I because so angry I saw myself flinging it through a window!

I traded an AR15 for my SVT40! I wanted one that badly. I had been looking for about two years(funny how rare things are when you are looking for them).

I have not fired my WW2 weapons(except the mortar and P38 in re-enacting) in a very long time. I would say that the most accurate rifle would have to be the Mosin Nagant 90/31. I remember the Tokarev kicking like a mule, yet being really accurate. I never fired the Mosin Nagant M44 nor the Lugar).

Thank you very much for your words of praise, Roy :violent:

I feel your pain regarding field stripping the SVT! The first time I had taken mine down, it took almost half a day for me to even get it back together. You are right about the Tokarev being a kicker, another thing I have noticed that even with earmuffs, it is definately a head buster as well. I got lucky with my SVT. I found mine in a pawn shop, but even then, I had to pay the going rate for it at the time.

The worst gun trading mistake I made was swapping a Springfield M1A (civilian version of US M14 rifle) for a Yugoslavian SKS. Of course when I had swapped was when the Yugoslavian SKS carbines were really tough to find in the US. Talk about a bad swap not that I think about the mass imporatation of the Yugo SKS rifles.

The worst part about field stripping the Tokarev is freeing the bolt from the receiver. Other than that, I was shocked to see how few pieces were present... I do remember the first time trying to field strip it, I because so angry I saw myself flinging it through a window!

I traded an AR15 for my SVT40! I wanted one that badly. I had been looking for about two years(funny how rare things are when you are looking for them).

I have not fired my WW2 weapons(except the mortar and P38 in re-enacting) in a very long time. I would say that the most accurate rifle would have to be the Mosin Nagant 90/31. I remember the Tokarev kicking like a mule, yet being really accurate. I never fired the Mosin Nagant M44 nor the Lugar).

Thank you very much for your words of praise, Roy :violent:

: :angry::angry:

Yep... I traded a Post Ban AR15 for the SVT40 I have today. All it came with is one period magazine. They bayonet I picked up a couple of years ago. I still need a cleaning rod :o

What is the going pick for an SVT40 with Finnish Capture marks these days?

Paul

I know that the one Finnish capture SVT rifle that I am familiar with sold for over $600.00. In my area, (Georgia/Tennessee line) there are many collectors that actively pursue not only SVT rifles, but also Mosin Nagant rifles, especially Finnish rifles. In the local shops, I have found many Soviet M91/30s, but none with Finn proof stamps or actual Finn rifles.

You may be able to locate an SVT cleaning rod on Wanted To Buy/Trade section of www.gunboards.com.

I'm attempting to locate a bayonet for my rifle, and have found a few, but right now, the price range is out of my reach for now.

uote name='Paul Reck' date='Oct 3 2005, 19:23 ' post='23174']

Yep... I traded a Post Ban AR15 for the SVT40 I have today. All it came with is one period magazine. They bayonet I picked up a couple of years ago. I still need a cleaning rod :o

What is the going pick for an SVT40 with Finnish Capture marks these days?

Paul

Actually, Paul, you are right on the money on the price range that I am willing to spend on a bayonet. However, this morning I secretly raided the credit union account to pay for an East German dagger without the wife's knowledge so I'm going to have to replenish that fund before buying a bayonet!

Thank you for the advice and information Roy! How much are you looking to pay for a bayonet? There have been quite a few on ebay lately between 150 and 220 dollars.

:

• 1 month later...

Paul ...It looks like we have the same "taste" in Furniture and "Decor" ....is that 8mm ammo box still full ?

I saw an "SA" marked sell for $895.00 this summer so, you have a winner there . Nice collection Paul

Paul ...It looks like we have the same "taste" in Furniture and "Decor" ....is that 8mm ammo box still full ?

I saw an "SA" marked sell for $895.00 this summer so, you have a winner there . Nice collection Paul

Thank you for the compliments, Mike. The 8mm box is empty, yet the metal lining is still complete.

I can hardly believe that SVTs have gone up that much! Mine, like yours, is a bring back as there are no importation stamps.

Warm regards

Paul

• 1 month later...