News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

8place lapel bow with awards from 1864-1897

I recently got this heavily worn lapel bow. It's got the following awards:

1) RAO (grade?)

2) Düppel Cross

3) Alsen Cross

4) 1870/71 medal

5) 1866 medal

6) 1864 medal

7) Centenary

8) DA (must be XXV, I think)

Surprisingly, he did not get an EK.

And there is no Crown Order - which makes me think...

Could #1 be an RAO4mKr left over or an RAO3mS not yet moved up?

File5580a.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

I would think Allgemeine Ehrenzeichen in Silver, ending with an LD2. Is the last ribbon (I cannot see it) all plain blue?

I think it is more likely to be an NCO level group because of all that war duty and no war decoration.

I would think Allgemeine Ehrenzeichen in Silver, ending with an LD2. Is the last ribbon (I cannot see it) all plain blue?

I think it is more likely to be an NCO level group because of all that war duty and no war decoration.

Last ribbon is plain blue. But if NCO, that would mean someone who had exchanged his old-style brooch for the LD2 medal in 1913.

I don't think it can be a lone RAO4 without any grade of the Crown Order - for someone with service in 3 wars and more.

beautiful lovely little thing!!!!!

It could also be an old Majors or senior Captains group.

Willy the first was not so easy to award his Orders than his grandson was. In 1914 nearly every senior Captain had a Red Eagle 4. In the earlier times it was much harder to get one.

Without a MEDAL bar we will never know if this is an old NCO with the General Honor Award and a LD2 or an Officer with RAO4 and DA XXV.

Best regards

Daniel

Guest Rick Research

Because the long service is in LAST place, that is why I think it is an LD2. If it was an XXV or XX, the only other Prussian long service awards with plain blue ribbons before 1913, either of those would be AHEAD of all the campaign crosses and medals. But the ugly little brooches, when worn pendant-style on medal bars, always came last--tucked out of the way.