News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusal looking collar tab

Hi guys. Did they produce these with double color piping like this? I spotted this for sale yesterday and thought it looked funny. I've seen a lot of tabs but I don't think I've ever seen any like this.

Mike

Yes! That is a nice Luftwaffe Reserve Flak Leutnant tab. These are not exceedingly common, but not considered to be very rare either(at least not the Flak or Flight examples). Before the war, the Luftwaffe had a Reserve Officer program. Just about every Luftwaffe waffenfarbe(except Hermann Goring- as far as I know- and Field Divisions) had a reserve officer component. The blue piping is what distinguished the Reserve Officer from the Active Duty counterpart. Here are some examples... I know that Gary B has a set of Reserve Medical Officer tabs and Gary 9 has a set of Reserve Construction Officers tabs :cheers:

Here are mine...

Reserve Flak Oberleutnant

Reserve Flak Leutnant

Reserve Flight Hauptmann

Reserve Signals Leutnant

Hi,

Paul has covered the topic well here. To see some other Reserve tabs please view the database.

The reserve tabs are far from common, based on my observations, in terms of rarity, I would rank reserve waffenfarbes as follows (from "easiest" to find to most difficult): Flak, Flight, Signal, Medical, Engineer (Pink), Construction, Admin.

Gary B

P.S. I have not seen Gary's Construction Reserve tab!!!!!

Hi,

Paul has covered the topic well here. To see some other Reserve tabs please view the database.

The reserve tabs are far from common, based on my observations, in terms of rarity, I would rank reserve waffenfarbes as follows (from "easiest" to find to most difficult): Flak, Flight, Signal, Medical, Engineer (Pink), Construction, Admin.

Gary B

P.S. I have not seen Gary's Construction Reserve tab!!!!!

Lets see your medical reserve tabs! Have you ever seen an admin example?

Hi Paul,

At work now so can not post any pix. I have seen one pair of Admin Reserve tab (to a Leutnant), unfortuantely not mine!

Gary B

Any chance of getting this collector to post his stuff here?! :jumping: