News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've already got a nice one, but might be tempted to get another. However, I definitely want opinions on it before I contemplate the purchase. I've asked the seller if there are any markings on the lower arm - I'll post the reply when I get it. Were period HHOx's ever completely unmarked? Anyway, all opinions welcome.

Thanks!

Scott

... Were period HHOx's ever completely unmarked? ...

Scott

The shown HOH X looks like a genuine period Wagner or Friedl?nder. As we know it from the pour le m?rite, the knight HOH of Wagner and Friedl?nder are not to distinguish. I know such orders unmarked, but in every detail identical.

with regards, Komtur.

A marked "W" in gold:

Hello Scott:

I like the piece that you show. It appears to be a period piece that comforms in detail to known originals by Wagner. It should command a slightly lower price being unmarked however. I have seen later copies (purchased by recipients) in mounted medal groups, but they are rather crude compared to the WWI-era pieces.

I used to own a piece that was identical to a "textbook" Wagner piece, except that it was marked "938" on the lower arm and had no other markings.

I hope that you find this information useful.

Best regards,

"SPM"

I've already got a nice one, but might be tempted to get another. However, I definitely want opinions on it before I contemplate the purchase. I've asked the seller if there are any markings on the lower arm - I'll post the reply when I get it. Were period HHOx's ever completely unmarked? Anyway, all opinions welcome.

Thanks!

Scott

The reverse picture you are showing shows a light indentation on the lower cross arm. This normally indicated punch marks. I would be surprised if this one has no markings.