News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

M35 sd textured camo helmet

Gentlemen,

some of you may have seen this already but I thought I could post here.

This is an M35 Heer with textured camouflage finish.

The helmet is dated 1937.

It?s a nice camo lid that appeared in Thomas Kiblers reference book ?Combat Helmets? on page 14/15.

It?s a SE66 (Saechsische Emaillier- und Stanzwerke) with an aluminium ring marked with B&C Berlin (Biedermann & Czarnikow) 1937. The leather liner has an early large size stamp ?58?.

The helmet shows traces of the original double decals but has had the Wehrmacht Heer decal applied over top of the camouflage finish rather than painting around the original. I believe this is quite scarce.

You can easily recognize the traces of the applegreen colour under the textured camouflage painting.

It?s amazing how the camo works. Compared with an applegreen and shiny helmet this one is nearly invisible in the green. I like these worn and salty combat helmets best.

I don?t dare to post pics from Kibler?s book. I don?t want to violate any copyrights.

Please forgive too many pictures, but I was so excited about this lid that I made more than necessary.

Any thoughts on this helmet greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance !

Regards;

Flyingdutchman

A nice Helm. I love them. They painted mine under the rim as well so no maker marks are visible. Then it looks like they dumped extra sand on the outside and brushed it around with more paint. It is pretty thick in some places. Can't see any decal.

byf