News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi !

Anyone got some info about F?silier Rgt 122 in May 1917 or about Unteroffizier Anton Frick ?

I got a small lot of photos and papers from him and would like to learn some more, he was KIA May 1917

but I dont know where :unsure:

Any info at all would be appricated :cheers:

If I get something, I will return with a short story .

All the best Christer

Unteroffizier Anton Frick killed in action on May 26, 1917

From April 15 to May 20 the Regiment took part in the Spring Offensive near Arras. It is quite possible that Anton was wounded during this action and died at a Field hospital near Sissonne. The Etappe of the W?rttemberg 26. Division was stationed there.

From May 21 to August 14, 1917 his Regiment took part in Defensive actions in Flanders and Artois

Anton Frick is burried at the cemetary in Sissonne (France) grave location: Block 7 Grab 519

I will check the Regimental History later today for more info.

Regards, Hardy

Unteroffizier Anton Frick killed in action on May 26, 1917

From April 15 to May 20 the Regiment took part in the Spring Offensive near Arras. It is quite possible that Anton was wounded during this action and died at a Field hospital near Sissonne. The Etappe of the W?rttemberg 26. Division was stationed there.

From May 21 to August 14, 1917 his Regiment took part in Defensive actions in Flanders and Artois

Anton Frick is burried at the cemetary in Sissonne (France) grave location: Block 7 Grab 519

I will check the Regimental History later today for more info.

Regards, Hardy

:jumping:

Thanks Hardy!

Then here is a short and sad story about a soldier, father and cigar smoker .

First picture is of Hes Wife Elise Frick and their two daughters, very blurry stamp but I think its 1913/14 all dressed up for the adventure.

Edited by christerd

Another Photo of the family, and it?s definitive farewell, Anton in his great helmet with Rifle m/98 and bayonet m/98

Foto taken in Waldsee, not dated summer 1915?

Anton is ready to join the great war and his clock is ticking on.....

Another Picture from Ravensburg , the officer sitting in the middle is a vet from 1870 I belive?

He seems to have a row of medals, Anton is sitting to the officers right in the pic.

But I was misstaken about the Rgt it is not 122 yet it says 123 on the shoulder boards.

I suppose Anton in going to the Front in France soon after this.

Christer

Just to sum the sad story up, here is a photo of the grave , seems to be rather short after the burial, new flowers and the words are easy to read.

I suppose someone of his friends send it to the family to show where he was buried.

only one of millions .....

And one last pic, it is the same grave but some time has passed, a new grave has been arranged beyond this one and the words on the cross has beginning to fade away, maybe the widow travelled to France after the war and visited the grave?

I like theese small simply groups because they tell a lot about the man who fight on the battlefields and the woman left behind.

I wonder what became of Anton daughters?

christer

Christer - The FR 122 was transferred in the beginning of May 1917 to the new formed W?rttemberg 243. Division - around the time of Frick's death the FR 122 was in action at the front sector Juvincourt - Neufchatel (located south of Sissonne).

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

• 6 years later...

Thanks again for sharing these photos !

The burial information is linked here:

http://www.memorial-chemindesdames.fr/pages/fiche_soldat.asp?soldat_id=89232

Anton Frick of Brandhaus was the son of Anton Frick, Söldner, and Kreszenz Blöd.  His sister Kreszenz Frick died in Neckarsulm in 1942.  (Source: Katholische Kirchenbuch Aulendorf, Familienbuch III, S.268.)

The death notice you posted shows that his wife was Elise Herrmann.

Attached are images of the casualty list reporting the death of Anton Frick, born 2 February 1877 in Brandhaus, Waldsee district, and of his baptismal entry in Aulendorf.