News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Some decorations and badges

Dear Gentlemen,

I'm actually "Imperial German" but came across those for a very reasonable price on eBay so bought them. If better pictures should be needed - it's not possible yet but I'll post them as soon as I have the badges here. The medal is a "Milos Obilic medal", awarded for bravery - that's all I found yet. The two other things seem to be Serbian too, so I guess the crown may be as well. Any comment appreciated, thanks in advance.

😃

post-1172-1205923778.jpg

post-1172-1205923783.jpg

Edited by saschaw

Hi

the top right badge is from the Ljotic National volonteers guard from WWII

Best regards

Milan

Dear Gentlemen,

I'm actually "Imperial German" but came across those for a very reasonable price on eBay so bought them. If better pictures should be needed - it's not possible yet but I'll post them as soon as I have the badges here. The medal is a "Milos Obilic medal", awarded for bravery - that's all I found yet. The two other things seem to be Serbian too, so I guess the crown may be as well. Any comment appreciated, thanks in advance. =)

Hi

the top right badge is from the Ljotic National volonteers guard from WWII

Best regards

Milan

Yes It looks like a MO bravery medal silver (2nd class)

Milan I want to ask you why in some No orders groups, the "Albanian retreat medal" is placed in first place, like in the pisc you send that has preeminence over the military zeal medal and other campaign medals...It?s not considered a campaign medal?? Is a "Royal House" medal??

Thanks

Miguel

Hello Miguel

I will have to look at the regulations from that period to say how exactly the way was they had to be worn. But as far as I have seen on pictures the rules of precedence have been respected regarding orders, for medals the rules were not that strictly respected so you can see and find many variations of precedence of medals.

Regards Milan

PS:

second answer for Ulsterman

the Ljotic Serbian Volunteer Corps as the official correct name was has indeed the force of a regiment (3700 men) so the badge could very well be compared to Russian regimental badges.

BTW the inscription around the badge says "with faith in god for the king and the fatherland- volunteers"

Yes It looks like a MO bravery medal silver (2nd class)

Milan I want to ask you why in some No orders groups, the "Albanian retreat medal" is placed in first place, like in the pisc you send that has preeminence over the military zeal medal and other campaign medals...It?s not considered a campaign medal?? Is a "Royal House" medal??

Thanks

Miguel

Thanks Gentlemen for that fast and good information. Are those things faked, would you need better pictures to tell if they are original? If they're genuine (I think they're), what does these cost about? I don't think I'll keep them - if someone here'd be interrested, please e-mail me, thanks.

Well, if the price was right....I'd like the top two pieces.

Going back to the regimental badge; is the badge worn lower right a similar unit badge? Is it official (like the Polish unit badges) or commemorative?

No, this is not a regimental badge.

It is from the association of veterans.

Regards

Milan

Well, if the price was right....I'd like the top two pieces.

Going back to the regimental badge; is the badge worn lower right a similar unit badge? Is it official (like the Polish unit badges) or commemorative?