News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two Soviet Officers

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Here's a pretty simple question for those that know there Soviet History and Leaders.

Can you name the two shown in the picture below? I've whited out there names but left in their ranks.

I found this picture in a book I'm reading. Can't recall see ing it published before ...

Here's a pretty simple question for those that know there Soviet History and Leaders.

Can you name the two shown in the picture below? I've whited out there names but left in their ranks.

I found this picture in a book I'm reading. Can't recall see ing it published before ...

Darrell,

Left one is definitely Kruschev, right one, not sure.

Marc

Guest Darrell

Nikita and Leonid. :rolleyes:

Yep .... pretty hard to fool the wise old one :cheers:

You wonder what they were discussing or if they knew what their futures would entail?

Great picture indeed! Khrushchev was promoted to Lieutenant-General on 12 February 1943, so what is his rank on this picture? The Lt.Gen. equivalent of Komkor?? I'm not really familiar with pre-1943 rank insignia.

Guest Darrell

Great picture indeed! Khrushchev was promoted to Lieutenant-General on 12 February 1943, so what is his rank on this picture? The Lt.Gen. equivalent of Komkor?? I'm not really familiar with pre-1943 rank insignia.

They say Lt. Gen. in the caption. So either that is wrong or the caption location or date is incorrect.

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell,

This is a good one. :jumping: In which book did you find it ?

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi Ch,

It was a book called "Thye Chronical of War":

On given photos Brezhnev in a rank of the Brigade Commissioner (Бригадный Комиссар). :beer:

The BRIGADE COMMISSIONER, military rank (in 1935-42) the supreme military-political structure of Red Army and the Navy.... :beer:

Edited by SKY MARSHAL

Khrushchev in 1942 (Commissioner) was the Member of the military Council of Front. :rolleyes:

Edited by SKY MARSHAL

If I'm not mistaking he was the Member of the Military Council of the South-Western Theatre at that time... But I'm still wondering what his rank was?

Hrushchev the "Commissioner Supreme Rank" was in a rank. In October, 1942 the order was issued signed by Stalin, removing double command system and translating commissioners from command structure in advisers. But it is necessary to note, that Hrushchev remained the unique political worker (Commissioner) to which advice(councils) general Chujkov an autumn of 1942 in Stalingrad listened.

By the way and the photo on which are represented military leaders Hrushchev, Kirichenko, Chanov and Eremenko on Stalingrad front. :rolleyes:

Edited by SKY MARSHAL