News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That mysterious square maker's mark appears once again - this time on a pilot's badge. I know it's been asked before, but I can't recall if anyone ever came up with an answer: do we know who the maker is that used this mark?

First pic: Obverse

ger_pb1.jpg

Also noted on certain Bavarian cliche pilot badges, pierced crown type and not often seen.I owned one once but sent it back to the dealer because it was an electro-formed copy,exactly the same but no square punch mark on pin. This Prussian example is obviously the same maker as the detail on the front of badge is the same, aircraft,landscape etc.. Whether we will ever know the maker is unlikely.Ferg1.

Tim,

That badge doesn't just look somewhat like the one I own -I had to run to my collection to make sure that mine was still there! It looks exactly like the one you have. :cool:

Under the headline "German Jewelers" you will find the thread where I also asked this question. It's to bad there isn't a "Quelle" reference book of german jeweler marks.

-Claudius

It's too bad there isn't SOME sort of reference book on German court jeweler marks. The old standard in English is "Court Jewelers of the World" by Jeffrey Jacob, and it is in desperate need of an update. I would be happy, however, just to see someone cover German jewelers alone.

Tim

It's too bad there isn't SOME sort of reference book on German court jeweler marks. The old standard in English is "Court Jewelers of the World" by Jeffrey Jacob, and it is in desperate need of an update. I would be happy, however, just to see someone cover German jewelers alone.

Tim

Good morning Tim,

i possess an imperial german observer badge made of Silver with this square mark. Me bagde is an issued original.

Regards

Alex