News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Dante,

The only answer that I can offer so far is that this ribbon goes to the Anhalt-Dessau 1813-15 campaign cross which was awarded from 1815 to 1823 which in view of the 1870-71 war medal and 1897 Centenary medal presents a real (even impossible ?) stretch. Hopefully, this ribbon was used for a later decoration; but I have not been able to find one so far. If I do, I will let you know.

Actually I am inclined to think that what I identified as a Centenary ribbon is set up with double prongs which leads me to believe that it goes to one of those Baden medals with the oblong wire suspension. For instance a Civil Merit medal, anywhere from 1810 through 1912 could be correct.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Now that's weird... :speechless:

Two hooks to fix an award with an yellow ribbon is a Baden merit medal - you won't be able to fix a Prussian Erinnerungsmedaille 1897 on both those hooks. But what is that Anhaltian ribbon for? I cannot remember ever having seen an Anhalt award with such an Italian ft. Baden loop...

:unsure:

Guest Rick Research

He may just have liked to hang his Centenary and the Anhalt labor medal at different places depending on his mood. :cheeky:

He may just have liked to hang his Centenary and the Anhalt labor medal at different places depending on his mood. :cheeky:

:lol::P Good one!

Yes, I think that Tom Y has it right - the 1895 silver Ehrenzeichen f?r Treue in der Arbeit. I missed that ribbon, sorry. Looking at the picture, in terms of scale, when compared to the 1870-71 war medal (29 mm.), the labor medal ribbon at 28 mm makes more sense than the 1813-15 war cross ribbon which would be 36 mm.

:lol::P Good one!

Yes, I think that Tom Y has it right - the 1895 silver Ehrenzeichen f?r Treue in der Arbeit. I missed that ribbon, sorry. Looking at the picture, in terms of scale, when compared to the 1870-71 war medal (29 mm.), the labor medal ribbon at 28 mm makes more sense than the 1813-15 war cross ribbon which would be 36 mm.

Thanks Guys, has anyone got any pictures of the offending/missing medals....cheers , Paul

Baden, Silberne Verdienstmedaille - here an 1881 to 1908 type which should go well with the bar. Or are we on Prussian 1897 medal? But the hooks, those hooks... :speechless:

(picture rights by U. Bretzendorfer ;) )

Plus, I'm on a 1870 medal in steel - don't ask why, just a feeling... :rolleyes:

Edited by saschaw

Baden, Silberne Verdienstmedaille - here an 1881 to 1908 type which should go well with the bar. Or are we on Prussian 1897 medal? But the hooks, those hooks... :speechless:

(picture rights by U. Bretzendorfer ;) )

Plus, I'm on a 1870 medal in steel - don't ask why, just a feeling... :rolleyes:

Sooo confused....are we talking 1870 medal in steel ,Baden, Silberne Verdienstmedaille and the Anhalt, Ehrenzeichen f?r Treue in der Arbeit

I agree with the hooks theory-

It makes little sense on what was a custom made piece for double hooks to be there unless they supported a larger planchet. I' think its a Baden civil merit award.