News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I apologize for the quality of the previously submitted photos in posts #23 and #24. I have tried and tried to get a better close-up of the decoration as shown in the (HSU booklet identification) photo without getting any better results. The really frustrating part is that when you see the photo first hand, the eyelet is perfectly obvious.

Following, are new photos of the eyelet which I hope are more creditable. The reverse photo also shows the area from which the (type 1) prong has been removed.

If anyone would like more specific photos, please let me know and I will do my best to provide them. As you can tell, I still on the learning curve with regard to photography and posting - thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

Gentlemen,

In response to Rusty's request, I have run a few more pictures of the hangar. Please do ot hesitate to le me know if they do not meet your requirements; and I will give it another try. I think thst I should mention thst, in view of the fact that it appears that this piece was convered from a suspension to a screwback to a suspension over a period of several years, I would be surprised if the present hangar is original; especially when the majority of such conversions tended to be "do it yourself" jobs.

Thank you for your interest and best wishes,

Wild Card

Rick was showing me a Red Banner that was converted from screw-post to suspension, but great efforts were done to make it as 'right" as possible. I think this type of stuff is pretty interesting. With Imperial Germany, the most one usually sees is the conversion of EK2's to EK'1s..... interesting for sure, but the variety of efforts I'm seeing in some of the threads in Soviet is much more complex!