News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

People who could afford to pay for all their own uniforms and equipment got to do only ONE year of service, and were treated better than their fellow ordinary privates... even if they had no intention/possibility of proceeding further with this normal entrance on a reserve officer's career.

People who could afford to pay for all their own uniforms and equipment got to do only ONE year of service, and were treated better than their fellow ordinary privates... even if they had no intention/possibility of proceeding further with this normal entrance on a reserve officer's career.

But one of the tunics in the 88 IR group is an issue one. Originally issued to a Train batln in 1902, then stamped for the 88IR later and has the one year cords around the shoulder boards.

Best

Chris

They weren't necessarily all from tailors and individually made. As today, some folks bought second hand. I sold my Mess dress uniform back in 1990 for 400 pounds and I had bought it used for 500 pounds. Not a bad deal.